mc fury riders! need advice...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

mc fury riders! need advice...

i just purchased a mountain cycle fury frame to replace my 05 reign frame (it's 16" black/cherry if anyone's interested). the mainframe, the swingarm, and the pivot all appear to be built with stiffness in mind as top priority. i'm stoked! anyway, i want to get rid of the 5th element air on there asap, and i'm considering a dhx coil, dhx air, or PUSHed rp3. how do these compare on the trail? climbing/pedaling? descending? light freeride?

i'm also trying to decide between a pike or z1 light. i'd love the extra travel and slacker geometry of the z1 as long as it doesn't deteriorate the climbing or tight singletrack handling too much. any advice??

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gukachu
    i just purchased a mountain cycle fury frame to replace my 05 reign frame (it's 16" black/cherry if anyone's interested). the mainframe, the swingarm, and the pivot all appear to be built with stiffness in mind as top priority. i'm stoked! anyway, i want to get rid of the 5th element air on there asap, and i'm considering a dhx coil, dhx air, or PUSHed rp3. how do these compare on the trail? climbing/pedaling? descending? light freeride?

i'm also trying to decide between a pike or z1 light. i'd love the extra travel and slacker geometry of the z1 as long as it doesn't deteriorate the climbing or tight singletrack handling too much. any advice??
    I like the Progessive Air on the Fury, it makes the ride very tunable. It's not as supple as a coil, but it's super hella light and the bike pedals very well with it. The bike will not climb as well with any of those other shocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0