Marin TARA and wheelie drops...- Mtbr.com
    I like to ride my bike.

Marin TARA and wheelie drops...

Do you think that the Marin TARA can take 6ft wheelie drops (obveously to flat) and steep rollers? I only weigh 110lbs...but, I growing so in a few years that'll be like 140lbs. Anyway, I'm terrified of fsa hucking, so, I wheelie drop everything, usually 2-6ft drops...but those numbers should get bigger. I also love rollers. I own a Marin XC hardtail and would love to get a TARA, but I don't know if they would enjoy all of the wheelie drops.

Also, can you put a piggyback shock on 'em like a Swinger 4-Way?

-Thanks...any opinion is very much appreciated
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Riding a Rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    Do you think that the Marin TARA can take 6ft wheelie drops (obveously to flat) and steep rollers? I only weigh 110lbs...but, I growing so in a few years that'll be like 140lbs. Anyway, I'm terrified of fsa hucking, so, I wheelie drop everything, usually 2-6ft drops...but those numbers should get bigger. I also love rollers. I own a Marin XC hardtail and would love to get a TARA, but I don't know if they would enjoy all of the wheelie drops.

Yeah, a quad tara should take that okay, particularly at your weight. Once you start moving up rember to be smooth.

While were on this topic... how is Marin as far as frame warantys go? Good customer service?
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster

At your weight, should be no problem, especially if you have the smooofness of HT experience!
    Pedal kicking this bike is relatively easy as a result of the VPPesque tightening of the suspension with chain tension- makes it really jump forward.
    As for piggybacks, I don't know - there is a post somewhere here that specifies someone running a coil, so maybe...

Riding a Rig.
    I'm pretty sure a piggyback shock will be fine. theres lots of room.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

mtbr member
    I'm running a Wolf Ridge and there's room for most piggy-back shocks.

For Wheelie drops I would go for the XLT if you are looking to keep the Marin flava'. Even though you're light landing to flats is hard on a frame(especially wheelie drops as there is minimal forward momentum to disperse the impact). For drops with nice tranny's the TARA will perform but its designed as an enduro/ big natural terrain bike.
    For heavier freeride duties, I would think the XLT or any other freeride frame will have the build to hold up to your progress on going big.

Members who have read this thread: 0