Marin 2007 up on the web- Mtbr.com
    Baby Bear is in the house

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Marin 2007 up on the web

Enjoy

Marin 2007
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Is that the right price for the team titanium?!?!?

Whoa-is $5900 the right price ora misprint--mass produced ti bike with LX/ xt/ 317/ Wtb hub wheels and a smattering of Truvative and lower end Avid hydrulics for nearly $6,000???

That can't be right-check it out..

On the other hand I love Marin's commitment to hardtails and the great spec/ price on the rest of the Models (Hydros, Exotics and AXC line!).

What's the scoop on the team titanium--either the price listed is wrong or the parts spec was wrong (either way-even if the wheels were made of gold I can't see $5900 for a mass produced hard tail-heck-any hardtail!).

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    Whoa-is $5900 the right price ora misprint--mass produced ti bike with LX/ xt/ 317/ Wtb hub wheels and a smattering of Truvative and lower end Avid hydrulics for nearly $6,000???

That can't be right-check it out..

On the other hand I love Marin's commitment to hardtails and the great spec/ price on the rest of the Models (Hydros, Exotics and AXC line!).

What's the scoop on the team titanium--either the price listed is wrong or the parts spec was wrong (either way-even if the wheels were made of gold I can't see $5900 for a mass produced hard tail-heck-any hardtail!).
    Whoa, the Team Titanium has to be an error. Pic shows lots of 07 xtr....then they'd put lx shifters on? Yeah, list says sram xt for rear D. What is sram xt? And it shows xtr. Whew, webmater: you're fired!

I kinda like the looks of the Mount Vision and xc line. Always been a big fan of Marin's fs bikes. Looks like they got rid of the top tube mounted water bottle bolts!! http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2...mt_vision.html
    If I wasn't so happy with my DW Link bike....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    either the site has been fixed or you guys are on a different page than me because this all looks correct
    http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2..._titanium.html

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceh
    either the site has been fixed or you guys are on a different page than me because this all looks correct
    http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2..._titanium.html
    Not on mine. I cleared my cache, and I am still sent to the wrong page. Correct picture. Wrong spec listing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Ah--now I have the right specs and picture but 5900?!?!--For a big company rig?--You could high spec a custom Carl Strong with Reynolds 6/4 titanium at that price! Wild but I must say I like the price/ spec of the other exotics.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

More pics from Singletrack

http://singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2141

Also looks like Jon Whyte is retiring.

mtbr member

'06 Wolf Ridge

Hey, question: Think $1710 is a good deal on an '06 Wolf Ridge? I'm just 5'6" with a 29" inseam so finding a deal on a small bike is hard, and my LBS has the 15.5" at discount. Sound like a good deal? Are people happy with their Attack Trails/Wolf Ridges/Rock Springs? It's a complicated suspension and I'm more of a simple-rocker guy, but at 31 pounds and this deal it might be too good tp pass up. Any advice?

No good in rock gardens..
    I like the look of those XC duallies of theirs, but they are too $$$.

Also virtually nobody in Australia seems to sell them.
    Less isn't MOAR

www.derbyrims.com
    I see the XC Quad is redesigned like the new DH/FR 4 bar. Very good looking. I'm looking forward to demoing one. I wasn't so impressed the previous XC-Quad ride, it seemed choppy riding. But I'm very impressed with the Wolf Ridge Tara-Quad ride.

Double thumbs up!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-XC-Justin
    Hey, question: Think $1710 is a good deal on an '06 Wolf Ridge? I'm just 5'6" with a 29" inseam so finding a deal on a small bike is hard, and my LBS has the 15.5" at discount. Sound like a good deal? Are people happy with their Attack Trails/Wolf Ridges/Rock Springs? It's a complicated suspension and I'm more of a simple-rocker guy, but at 31 pounds and this deal it might be too good tp pass up. Any advice?
    That is a good deal for the Wolf Ridge assuming it has all the original components. Have you demo'd the bike yet? The TARA frames tend to run really big, so a small Marin is usually a Med somewhere else. I'm about 5'10 and actually run a small with a 120mm stem. This matches up close to my Med Titus Moto-lite. Try before you buy.

The suspension looks complicated but their durability is second to none. Pivots are double sealed and guaranteed for life. All the things you've read about the TARA is true. No suspension bob (so long as you stay seated), terrific small bump response and a caddillac ride.

Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinklefree
    http://singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2141

Also looks like Jon Whyte is retiring.

More info here

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...06562520221222

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    it will be spec'd with full xtr and the price will be $5279 - the price on the site is still wrong. the bike will be available in december, it's actually usa made, and it will be limited edition (under 100 bikes) and numbered.
    Last edited by dirt & beer; 12-07-2006 at 01:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinklefree
    That is a good deal for the Wolf Ridge assuming it has all the original components. Have you demo'd the bike yet? The TARA frames tend to run really big, so a small Marin is usually a Med somewhere else. I'm about 5'10 and actually run a small with a 120mm stem. This matches up close to my Med Titus Moto-lite. Try before you buy.

The suspension looks complicated but their durability is second to none. Pivots are double sealed and guaranteed for life. All the things you've read about the TARA is true. No suspension bob (so long as you stay seated), terrific small bump response and a caddillac ride.
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, I need to demo it first. I'm just 5'6" so the 15.5 may be too big. Funny to say that given that on some models the 17" feels fine.

I hope it feels good -- given MSRP is 2300, it's a great deal.

Jul 2006
    No more steel bikes? EDIT: Oh. They still have the Pine Mountain, but the Eldridge is now alum.
    Last edited by f. carnivore; 09-22-2006 at 12:14 PM.

Baby Bear is in the house

Tara???

I just noticed, shouldn't the "TARA" Wolf Ridge be reclassified as simply"RA" or "RHA"? I don't see the travel adjust QR anymore. Looks like they fixed the travel at 6".

Quote Originally Posted by rigel
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

I wondered that myself

The explanation for the TARA feature on the web site still shows 3 diff settings. Also the geometry specs show both 4" and 6" mode numbers.

I'm baffled as to why there's only 1 model TARA bike this year. Perhaps Marin thought with the XC Quad moving up to near 5" it makes the TARA obsolete?

BTW there's a firt impression of the Mt Vision Pro on BIkemagic.
    http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...N/5092/v/1/sp/

Lightly salted
    any word on when the 07's will hit market? I love my 15.5 wolf ridge but at 5'6" it feels a bit large for me. Looks like the XC would be perfect for me since it's a hair smaller and set to 120mm travel which is what I use on the wolfy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

OK looks like the Travel is fixed on the Wolf Ridge

but the front quicklink has 2 holes to adjust geometry. I guess this makes since since most people just left it on the 6" setting anyway. I personally run mine in the 5" mode though.

I'm guessing the 07's should be hitting dealer showrooms in the next 30 days or so. I'm starting to like what they've done with the XC Quad. They elimintated the quick spiking associated with previous models and appears to have made the overall package stiffer which is exactly what it needed. Also the geometry is reworked putting the rider lower which should help handling. The absense of the monocque design should make it ride quieter as well. Kudo's to Marin.

"El Whatever"
    I'm on a Switchblade now... but some of you know I was after a Marin QUAD TARA. It was just a matter of luck.

Anyway, the SB will be retired around 2008. And I'm thinking at one of those Marin 120mm as the replacement. I've always liked the highly-regarded suspension design (specially by Ray, who's one of the people I respect the most regarding suspension and everything bikes alltogether).

My "prospect" list for 2008 includes the Titus Motolite, the Marin East Peak and whatever Ironhorse has for the MKIII. I'd consider the Banshee Pyre too, but seems a bit more pricey than the other ones.

I've always wanted to throw a leg on a Marin QUAD TARA, but they're very, very rare in Mexico. One distributor had a Marin Wolf Ridge '06 going for some crazy money like 2500 bucks or so here in Mexico... the very same I was hunting on ebay for a grand.

All in all... I really like the new Marins!
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I'm on a Switchblade now... but some of you know I was after a Marin QUAD TARA. It was just a matter of luck.

Anyway, the SB will be retired around 2008. And I'm thinking at one of those Marin 120mm as the replacement. I've always liked the highly-regarded suspension design (specially by Ray, who's one of the people I respect the most regarding suspension and everything bikes alltogether).

My "prospect" list for 2008 includes the Titus Motolite, the Marin East Peak and whatever Ironhorse has for the MKIII. I'd consider the Banshee Pyre too, but seems a bit more pricey than the other ones.

I've always wanted to throw a leg on a Marin QUAD TARA, but they're very, very rare in Mexico. One distributor had a Marin Wolf Ridge '06 going for some crazy money like 2500 bucks or so here in Mexico... the very same I was hunting on ebay for a grand.

All in all... I really like the new Marins!
    Warp you Traitorous Bastich(LOL---you know I like you like a brother), you would jump onto the Marin without delving into the netherworld of Titus 08...........Geez and here I thought I would help a brother out on slightly used exogrid in a year or 2 when I get bored. Geez Guess I'll keep the steed out of spite

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Warp you Traitorous Bastich(LOL---you know I like you like a brother), you would jump onto the Marin without delving into the netherworld of Titus 08...........Geez and here I thought I would help a brother out on slightly used exogrid in a year or 2 when I get bored. Geez Guess I'll keep the steed out of spite
    You beyotching snoop!!!
    WTF are you doing following me from forum to forum?

Please hone up your reading skills... there's a part where I say the ML is on my "want-it" list... so I can keep your Exo for good at the warm Mexico.

Now that you bring it up.. Your ML is a Large!!!! How am I supposed to fit on your frame with my 5'9"?!
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    You beyotching snoop!!!
    WTF are you doing following me from forum to forum?

Please hone up your reading skills... there's a part where I say the ML is on my "want-it" list... so I can keep your Exo for good at the warm Mexico.

Now that you bring it up.. Your ML is a Large!!!! How am I supposed to fit on your frame with my 5'9"?!

Uhmmmm, I'm 5'8 and its a small.

Cause I'm just on this board peering at potential custom builds and noticed your name at the top of the board.......Thought you musta come into some money or something if you're cruisin on this uberhighend board........See ya later on the other board,,,,

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Uhmmmm, I'm 5'8 and its a small.

Cause I'm just on this board peering at potential custom builds and noticed your name at the top of the board.......Thought you musta come into some money or something if you're cruisin on this uberhighend board........See ya later on the other board,,,,
    hhmmm... now I have a ML Exo at the top of my list for SB replacement....

It's exactly the opposite, lack of funds and looking at small makers (here's Marin, KHS, etc.)

Actually I've always wanted a fine steel HT... but I can afford only one bike and a 5" it has to be.

However, I can't get tired of lusting at many sweet builds of rare brands you see around here. Cool.
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Just joshin ya there. Marin has always made nice bikes. Although there pricing has gotten a little high comparatively to back in the nineties and earlier. Sad no steel though, still one of my favorite rides. There Ti bike is a little overpriced though......But I think you can't go wrong with any of their 5 inch rides.

Members who have read this thread: 0