Looking for Motobecane Owners- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    S*it Happens!
    Reputation: Moto Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,017

    Looking for Motobecane Owners

    I'm trying to get a Motobecane Only forum so moto owners can get to together and ask question, post up photos.

    If you interested could u post up something here. Click Here

    Fred.
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 03-28-2007 at 09:38 AM.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: snobrder5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    785

    i love my comp ds...

    yeah here's a few pics of my comp ds in action...and my friends fantom comp....i built mine up off ebay, and it's going strong for a few months, and i dont forsee any problems at all....i've more than exceeded what it's capable of, and dont think it'll fail doing much less on a regular basis....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    S*it Happens!
    Reputation: Moto Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,017
    Awesome!! hey you know you are not supposed to be able to do that with a Motobecane . It been told many times here that bike will melt like butter in the hot sun if you even think about doing anything more then just look at it.

    I guess we could call this myth busted! Looks like you guy had a good time.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9
    Just got a Fly 9357. It is flat out incredible. I also got an 07 Santa Cruz Superlight a few weeks before the Moto. So I am enjoying them both - the Superlight at the lakehouse and the Moto at the house. For the money, the moto is awesome!

  5. #5
    S*it Happens!
    Reputation: Moto Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor
    Just got a Fly 9357. It is flat out incredible. I also got an 07 Santa Cruz Superlight a few weeks before the Moto. So I am enjoying them both - the Superlight at the lakehouse and the Moto at the house. For the money, the moto is awesome!
    I love that bike! Hey could send me a photo for my website. I just totally revamped it today. Check it out and tell me what you think.

    Fred
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

  6. #6

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9
    Sure thing. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow for you. Nice changes to the site. I'll register myself there sometime today.

  7. #7

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6

    Motobecane parts

    Any one know a source for motobecane parts. I ride 650 DS. It is not a current model. it is between 400 DS & 600 DS current models.
    rear shock assembly is like 400 DS where upper bolt-nut of rear shock bolts to the frame & lower to the swing arm.
    i need nylon bushings for rear shock upper bolt - these bushings go between the shock & frame. the ones on my bike seem to be worn out & rear shock + swing arm shakes.
    i also need orginal nut+bolt for rear shock - what i have now at lower end is not orginal - but close to it. there is no motobecane dealer in austin, tx (my town).
    upon contacting motobecane.com - they never responded back.
    upon contacting http://www.bikesdirect.com/ - they responded back advised me to look for parts on ebay since they dont sell parts.
    any helpful advise is appreciated.
    thanks in advance

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: snobrder5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by ustad
    Any one know a source for motobecane parts. I ride 650 DS. It is not a current model. it is between 400 DS & 600 DS current models.
    rear shock assembly is like 400 DS where upper bolt-nut of rear shock bolts to the frame & lower to the swing arm.
    i need nylon bushings for rear shock upper bolt - these bushings go between the shock & frame. the ones on my bike seem to be worn out & rear shock + swing arm shakes.
    i also need orginal nut+bolt for rear shock - what i have now at lower end is not orginal - but close to it. there is no motobecane dealer in austin, tx (my town).
    upon contacting motobecane.com - they never responded back.
    upon contacting http://www.bikesdirect.com/ - they responded back advised me to look for parts on ebay since they dont sell parts.
    any helpful advise is appreciated.
    thanks in advance
    what i would suggest is buy a new frame....i'm not sure on the bushings, but for any bike with bearings on the pivots (fantom comp ds's), you can buy bearings at any bearing supply company...so you dont have to go through the specific manufacturer...the comp ds frames are going for 340 shipped on ebay...brand new...that's what i did for mine....you'll honestly like the four bar setup better, and you'll get an air shock to boot, which unless you've upgraded your current shock, you might not have....the only other option you can go with, is break your frame, and have moto waranty it with a new one...

  9. #9

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    snobrder5 - thank u for the response. nylon bushings (which are almost like washers) should cost at the most $5. the nut & bolt - at the most $5 so for $10 parts - I am not sure if i should go through the process of shopping - spending ($340 for frame & atleast another $50 for any other hardware - cables etc..) - rebuilding the bike. i dont understand how motobecane cant stand behind the product - or atleast be responsive enough to reply to emails. even bikesdirect - response (one line) was to shop on ebay for parts for a product that they sell. i hope there is a better way to find parts ($10 worth) & replace (5 min max) for this bike than having to rebuild the whole bike.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: snobrder5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by ustad
    snobrder5 - thank u for the response. nylon bushings (which are almost like washers) should cost at the most $5. the nut & bolt - at the most $5 so for $10 parts - I am not sure if i should go through the process of shopping - spending ($340 for frame & atleast another $50 for any other hardware - cables etc..) - rebuilding the bike. i dont understand how motobecane cant stand behind the product - or atleast be responsive enough to reply to emails. even bikesdirect - response (one line) was to shop on ebay for parts for a product that they sell. i hope there is a better way to find parts ($10 worth) & replace (5 min max) for this bike than having to rebuild the whole bike.
    ok man let me let you in on a little secret....bikes direct (cycle spectrum) owns motobecane, and they also own windsor, bottechia, gravity bikes and parts, and mango cruisers....they're ALLL owned by a guy by the last name spratt. i know this b/c i work for bikes direct, at the retail store here in jacksonville....and yes you have been told correctly, we dont sell parts for bikes....YES, it is unfortunate, and YES, i would do things differently if i owned the company, but here's the thing...spratt's clientel is the people who just want a bike to ride, and arent SO serious about it that they need to be able to fix their bike themselves...all the bikes that are purchased through bikes direct retail stores (not the web), or cycle spectrum, come with free service for life, and all motos have a lifetime warranty against defects and workmanship...a lot of shops will have frames in stock that they parted out....check with them....you said you live in austin, i dunno where that is in relation to plano, or dallas, but there are cycle spectrums in both those citys, and they can take care of you....my manager is VERY customer orriented, and he hates to send people away if they're going to be unhappy....he personally knows spratt, and i'm sure that any other manager of one of our shops is going to help you out as best as possible...even if it means (possibly) parting out a frame, to get you the parts you need....like i said, 95% of the people we sell bikes to are honestly going to buy the bike, ride it for a month, and then it'll sit in their garage for a year, then they'll bring it in to me, and i'll tune it up for free. if you'd like, send me a personal message with your phone number, and i'll talk to my manager tomorrow, (he doesn't work today) and see what he would suggest...he knows the company, and moto, a lot better than i do, and he'd know better than i do what to do in your situation...what i can tell you from a technical standpoint, is that if you can find the right size bushings, and bolts, then by all means, get it done...but i can tell you after owning a fantom comp ds, i know that the pivots are all bearings, which are much more easily available anywhere you turn, than are bushings...but let me know if i can be of any help to you...thanks man.

    nate.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.