Liteville- Mtbr.com

Thread: Liteville

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Liteville

Well this looks nice..

https://www.liteville.de

chips & bier
    I built one up for the shop a while ago. This frameset is getting pretty rave reviews in the German magazines (of course, coz it's German ). It seems like a very interesting platform for a trailbike....about 125 mm of travel, 1.5 headtube with 1 1/8" reduced headset, and tons of standover.

The only thing I wasn't too happy with was the cable routing.

mtbr member
    Liteville is designed and built by Syntace that are famous for their light weight stems and posts.
    The Liteville has got some favourable reviews in the German press, but I dont believe what I read in such issues. I'd wait and see what the independant reviews are like.

mtbr member
    I saw Liteville bikes a few months back, I'd really love to try one out too!

local trails rider
    I saw the boss of my favorite LBS on a trail with one some time ago. Not sure if it belonged to him or the shop, or if it was a loaner he was trying out. Looked like a neat bike.

German magazines...
    I occasionally read the German "bike" magazine. They show quite a lot of technical stuff like weight, stiffness, weight-to-stiffness ratio, geometry tables, and such.They also include subjective evaluations that beat magazines like MBA any time.

Their focus on "German" brands is no more surprising than the focus on "American" brands in American magazines. ... Oh, they thought that Specialized was pretty good in their All Mountain comparison test.

knull9
    Sep 2006

I've got a LV

Hi,

I''ve got a LV ( let's call it LV, because Liteville is a really stupid name, only non-English speaking Germans could come up with that..

I've had it now for 8 month and have to say of the 8-9 bikes I have/had, this is the one that impressed me most. What's really good about the LV is that you can do so much with it, it's light enought for some cross country racing, it's perfect for long long tours and marathon racing, and it is quite suitable for some freeriding/bikepark action.
    Since I have this bike, I've ridden twice as much than usual as it's so much fun to ride, 3-5 times a week, often under atrocious conditions, ankle deep in mud, over rocks etc..(anyone who Mtbs in Scotland knows what I mean.. I've destroyed several drivetrains, one fork, two sets of tires and the frame is just as new, no play in the bearings, the only thing you have to check is if the shock/rocker link - screws come loose. Mine came loose after countless rocky descents in Glentress and I saw it just in time. So watch those screws if you have one ;-)
    The other thing I like about the LV is that it's really well designed. I had a lot of chainsuck
    during one mud-bath ride and thought I must have shaved off most of the metal of my chainstays, but when I washed the bike to inspect the disaster, lo and behold, there
    was a extra plate of aluminium welded just where it's needed. You really notice that they
    developed this thing for 3 years..

As for performance, the LV won all magazine tests it was in, but I think there so many
    good bikes now that the differences between a Turner, SC, Titus, Rotwild, Fusion, Giant or whatever are really small. I think the suspension is very similiar to the Turner, because it does not rely on any platform gimmicks but is just very well designed and simply superb, just like the Turner. The frame tubing reminds me of Cannondale, fat tubes, very stiff.

But what really won me over is that is quite cheap, a frame set (incl. top quality headset and seatpost) costs around 1600 Euros, that's quite reasonable for a bike that compares favorably to the likes of Turner, SC, Intense etc. I bought mine from an online shop called dsbike and was very happy with the service, they gave me a discount and even filled the box it came in with foam so the frame wouldn't be damaged in transit.

So this bike is really good, the only gripes I've had are that the really should have included some chainstay neoprene protecters ..

Sep 2003
    Jump on the wagon fellas it's an outstanding ride! I just got mine a few weeks ago and the smile hasn't left my face. A little pricey with the current exchange rate but the ride is worth every cent. This year you can choose from an assortment of colors; however, I chose to stick with black ano. I switched from an 06 Salsa "El Santo" and couldn't be happier.

As far as the complaints listed above I can't agree more about the chainstay protectors; however the shop I purchased it from (Bikes From Hell) hooked me up Also it's not such a big deal since I chose ano. As far as the cable routing concern....It only makes sense to me to design it the way they did. Cable don't belong on the top tube.

Tschüss (Good Bye)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My Liteville

mtbr member
    v.nice but you're a dreadful photographer....

mtbr member
    Hi, I´m Fernando from Spain, in my first message I want to show you my Liteville 301, just to say that it´s amazing, mine has 115mm of travel in the rear wheel because it´s a 2006 frame, in the future I´ll try to install the 130mm upgrade kit but fisrt of all I need to save 380€ to buy it ( it´s too expensive), you can see it in the following link...

2006 frame with 115mm

See you

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

How/Where can I buy an LV

How did you all purchase an LV in the United States? I have been trying for some time to find a place that sells LV in the U.S. and cannot. Is there any place you all might know where I can buy one?

local trails rider
    You cannot buy it in USA because Specialized (or somebody) has a US patent on certain ways to arrange the rear suspension linkage. I am pretty sure you could buy one from Europe.

mtbr member
    Hi! I´m from Spain...I think that you can buy this frame at liteville´s web directly or you can try to put you in contact with a european distributor to buy one of them, the spanish one is Alpcross and their email is http://www.alpcross.com/...

Bye!!

knull9
    Sep 2006
    Hi, I would buy the frame only and get it shipped to the US. I bought mine from
    www.dsbike.de and found this dealer to be very good, I even got a discount and when the frame arrived I was amazed at how carefully it was padded.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks so much for the link, but do I need to speak German?

knull9
    Sep 2006
    I would write an email in simple English and see what you get back ;-)

Usually Germans speak more or less English

Members who have read this thread: 0