• 11-12-2005
    DirtDad
    Listing of custom frame makers
    'scuse me if this has been beaten to death, but is there a handy list of custom frame makers here or on some web page somewhere? A pointer will suffice if there is one. If not, maybe it should be a sticky on this forum.
  • 11-16-2005
    DaveX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DirtDad
    'scuse me if this has been beaten to death, but is there a handy list of custom frame makers here or on some web page somewhere? A pointer will suffice if there is one. If not, maybe it should be a sticky on this forum.

    Maybe we should start a list, Here's a few off the top of my head. Note these are companies that make at least one model of mountain bike frame that can be built to custom specifications.

    Seven
    Independent Fabrication
    Soul Craft
    Sycip
    Brew Bikes
    Titus
    Moots
    Bystickle
    Desalvo
    Vicious
    Kish Fabrication
    Zinn
    Matt Chester
    Ted Wojcik Bikes

    Please feel free to make additions and corrections.
  • 11-20-2005
    Toomanybikes
    this page makes a good starting point

    http://bikeschool.com/

    On left hand side of page - click on cycling links.
  • 12-11-2005
    bloater27
  • 12-11-2005
    Polk
    And another...though I can't promise they all make mountain frames.

    Velonews
  • 12-12-2005
    The Weasel
    Will add Steelman, Tom Teesdale, Dean, and Curtlo to the list.
  • 12-12-2005
    New2SS
    Don't forget Vulture

    www.vulturecycles.com
  • 12-14-2005
    jason74
  • 12-17-2005
    T_FIZZLE_888
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DaveX
    Maybe we should start a list, Here's a few off the top of my head. Note these are companies that make at least one model of mountain bike frame that can be built to custom specifications.

    Seven
    Independent Fabrication
    Soul Craft
    Sycip
    Brew Bikes
    Titus
    Moots
    Bystickle
    Desalvo
    Vicious
    Kish Fabrication
    Zinn
    Matt Chester
    Ted Wojcik Bikes

    Please feel free to make additions and corrections.

    The only companies I can think to add is
    ODG
    Astrix sports
  • 12-19-2005
    portnoy
    Strong Frames at www.strongframes.com
    Carl's been building for over ten years, and makes incredible steel and titanium road and mountain bikes. Made my steel x-country bike, my Ti roadbike, and is working on a steel hucker for me.


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by T_FIZZLE_888
    The only companies I can think to add is
    ODG
    Astrix sports

  • 02-28-2006
    iamrocketman
    Let's not forget about Tom Oswald @ www.oswaldcycleworks.com in Mansfield, P.A. He uses no power tools when crafting a frame. How sweet is that! Has to be among the best! Mountain,Road,Cross,Touring 29'er You name it He'll build it.
  • 03-02-2006
    InvictaS1
  • 03-25-2006
    mutex
    true north

    from Waterloo Ontario