Lenz Riders- Mtbr.com

Thread: Lenz Riders

Sep 2005

Lenz Riders

Can we get our own category, or at least a representation of the Lenz riders out there? How about a quick bio with pics?

Just got mine, only been on one ride. Builds up to 27lbs. X0 drivetrain, White Bros 100mm Magic Fork, King hubs and headset, Flight System bar/stem, Deus Cranks, Salsa Delgado Rims, 3" travel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NMBP

My Baby

11 month old XL Behemoth. Mostly XT drivetrain, 42, 31, 20 chainrings, 8" XT discs front and rear, WB Fluid 130 fork, Thomson stem and post, Monkey Lite bar, DT440 hubs, Nevegals waiting to go on. Love the bike and Devin is great to deal with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sep 2005
    Looks sweet....what doe the final weight come in at?

gmoney was gmoneybike

Chainstay Protector

Interesting chain stay protector, is that standard for Lenz or custom? If custom whats the company, or how did you make it?
    Were looking at balz

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyWW
    Looks sweet....what doe the final weight come in at?
    When I first built the bike it was 31.7 lbs. I have added and subtracted various parts so I'm not sure where it is at right now. It rides very light. I am keeping up with other riders who used to leave me behind when I was on a 3 or 4 lbs. lighter bike.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by ghashmi
    Interesting chain stay protector, is that standard for Lenz or custom? If custom whats the company, or how did you make it?
    Mine came from Lens Sport with the same protector, although it was spiral wrapped with electrical tape. I have replaced the tape twice but the protector has held up well. It looks sort of like the self adhesive traction strips that you can buy at hardware stores.

Sep 2005
    My protector was on the built up bike, but I concur....it was like those no slip grip tape, impregnated sandpaper strips you'd find in a hardware store.

gmoney was gmoneybike

THANKS - Chainstay Protector

CTD & TWW:

Thanks for the info.
    Were looking at balz

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    When I first built the bike it was 31.7 lbs. I have added and subtracted various parts so I'm not sure where it is at right now. It rides very light. I am keeping up with other riders who used to leave me behind when I was on a 3 or 4 lbs. lighter bike.
    After changing tires, stem, chainrings, pedals, grips, and the seat I weighed it again. 31.7 pounds. Maybe the scale is stuck at the LBS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ordered the Moth yesterday..it looks like 6 weeks till I get it. I already ride a Lev., and got this for my more agressive trail bike.
    Which rims are you using, and what do you weigh? Im trying to decide what to get ( 230 lb rider).
    Also, what are your impressions of the WB fluid fork? How does it ride with the 130mm version? ( Devin indicated I may be able to get a 140 mm.version).

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by TONYACCURSO
    I ordered the Moth yesterday..it looks like 6 weeks till I get it. I already ride a Lev., and got this for my more agressive trail bike.
    Which rims are you using, and what do you weigh? Im trying to decide what to get ( 230 lb rider).
    Also, what are your impressions of the WB fluid fork? How does it ride with the 130mm version? ( Devin indicated I may be able to get a 140 mm.version).
    I'm using RhinoLite rims with DT 440 hubs. They are holding up well. I broke 2 spokes mid summer and had to get them trued, then retrued a couple of days ago. I weigh 200 and ride at around 220.
    I have had no problems with the fork. It is a little harsh on washboard type bumps, but handles the big hits well. I run it a little soft from recommended pressures, but I have never had a hard bottom out. I have 8" rotors front and rear, and love the stopping power. Both Devin and Mountain Racing Products (White Bros.) have been great for support.
    Last edited by crashtestdummy; 11-30-2006 at 04:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the 440 set up. I guess I'll go with the white bros...seems they own the market on this type of product.

Sep 2005
    White bros is a good fit on the Lev 3"...I've heard good reports of the Reba and ride it on a 26" trance, liking the plush nature. I just think the WB is snappier and gives a good feel where I've also heard the Reba feels tall in the front end.

Members who have read this thread: 0