KHS - AM and FR owners - I have a question- Mtbr.com
    I like to ride my bike.

KHS - AM and FR owners - I have a question

I need a new frame because my current Novara just eats away at the f/d cable when the shock compresses. I would like either a KHS AM or FR, but I'm concerned after looking after pics of the frame that I'd have the same problem w/the swing arm grinding and wearing away the cable. Does your KHS do this? Any cheap places to buy 'em besides Adrenaline & Bob's?

Help is appreciated. Thanks
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

May 2004

No problems so far...

I have an AM1000 and haven't had any problems like you describe. I've only been on it a couple of months though...

Apr 2006
    Maybe you just need to do a little mod to eliminate the problem. I see no reason why that would be a reason not to buy a frame...

mtbr member
    I have a FR 1500 and have had no problems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    I need a new frame because my current Novara just eats away at the f/d cable when the shock compresses. I would like either a KHS AM or FR, but I'm concerned after looking after pics of the frame that I'd have the same problem w/the swing arm grinding and wearing away the cable. Does your KHS do this? Any cheap places to buy 'em besides Adrenaline & Bob's?

Help is appreciated. Thanks
    I have had a KHS am 1000 for close to a year and no problems yet. I had a creak comming from the seat post (took me a while to figure it out - thought it was the bearings) and I fix it with a little lube. It is a Thomson setback 31.6 410mm.

I bought this bike because it was cheap and I wanted something for free ridding so I did not use my yeti 575 for that. Well, I ende up liking the way the hkhs more than the yeti and sold the yeti. The KHS rides very very good. I have also tried Konas (coiler and dawg) and the khs ride is way more responsive, lighter, and superior.

I bought a 5 spot and of course, the KHS is no comparison to the Turner, but they are very different bikes. My spot is my xc agressive bike.... The KHS is my "all mountain".

I am looknig at putting a revelation shox on it to replace the marzocchi am3. I hate the way the zocchis feel. I got a fox rlc on the spot.

The vanilla r pro pedal shock performs very good....
    Sit and spin my ass...

Members who have read this thread: 0