Just an XCL teaser thread- Mtbr.com
    Is this thing on?

Just an XCL teaser thread

Gooe news!! After Alan and Brian hooked me up w/ a demo XCL in SOCAL a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't stand it any longer and had to order one up.

I just took my new XCL frame out of the box this afternoon in the elusive raspberry color with the 09 DHX Air...I'm planning on murdering out the components and it should be freaking awesome!! Pictures to follow very soon...

Better news!! While riding w/ a buddy on an Ellsworth Epiphany, he took a spin on the XCL and has now placed an order for a new XCL!!!

And the bad news...I think I'm going to sell my USA EVO frame in orange, if anyone's hungry
    [[/B][/FONT]

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nice....looking forward to the pics, interested in the elusive rasberry color for sure!
    I was able to demo an EVO recently and couldn't believe how well it pedaled for a 6" travel bike....I bet that XCL is a rocket!

Is this thing on?
    Here it is complete! I had ordered Race Face cranks, but they wouldn't work on the 73BB with the E Type FD. I'm on a mission to find other cranks now! The FSA that are on there weigh in at 2.4 pounds...so the total bike came in at 32.67 pounds w/ the FSA cranks and cheapo pedals I have on there.
    I swear, this is the most fun bike I have ever ridden!! I hate to see my EVO go, but there's no room for it in my arsenal. I'll be putting it up on MTBR in the next few
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [[/B][/FONT]

nerfherder
    Good looking rig. How's that new DHX Air?

Is this thing on?
    It's freaking awesome so far. I love the new lever for the pro pedal...it's very positive and simple to operate. I still need to look up the specs on Fox's website to make sure I have it dialed in correctly.
    [[/B][/FONT]

mtbr member
    hey that is the same color I have... I actually didnt like it at 1st.. but, it has grown on me.. congrats!.. she's a keeper..

Is this thing on?
    I was really torn on the color choices! I know the anno will hold up better and I've never had an anno bike, but this raspberry is pretty rare compared to the other colors and I thought it would look sick all murdered out with black components. I'm glad you like the color b/c I think it's freaking awesome! Especially in the sun...if we decide to sell them one day it will be hard to describe the color, that's for sure!
    [[/B][/FONT]

I love bike!
    That's a nice looking ride . I think that color is great. The XCL is really growing on me. Now I just have to figure out how to get a hold of a demo out here in AZ .

Surfing trails
    Which Race Face crank wouldn't fit? Is that XCL a small or a medium?

Beautiful raspberry color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this thing on?
    I have a medium and it was the Race Face Deus cranks that wouldn't fit. I now have the Truvativ Stylo 3.3 cranks that have been awesome...and all murdered out
    [[/B][/FONT]

Members who have read this thread: 0