Just Groovin' (X-Post)- Mtbr.com
    In FTF We Trust

Just Groovin' (X-Post)

With the lack of tangible information on the Vicious Groovers on here I thought I'd debut mine with a few information points. I received this frame on Monday (thanks Johnny Chicken Bones), recieved the fork Wednesday (thanks 29erchico), and promptly stripped the Sugar to serve as donor. I got it together Thursday night and it has rained like mad ever since, though I got to sneak it out for 10 or so miles last night.

First weight-the Sugar frame, seatpost, and Shimano LX front derailleur was 6.4 lbs. on the shop scale (kinda surprised me), and this frame, Thomson post, and SRAM X-Gen front derailleur was 7.2 lbs. on the scale-I can live with that. The REBA wound up a bit lighter than the pig-iron Marzocchi MX Pro that was on the Sugar, so it all about evened out. The frame is a medium with custom geo (virtual tt stretched to 24.0") and nearly all measurements (tt, chainstay length, head tube length, etc.) came out the same as the Sugar.

First impressions are good-the rear suspension feels more "rally car" taught than the "luxury car" ride of the Sugar with the Sybil link. It feels pretty efficient but soaks up the stutter bumps as good as the Sugar. I need to further tweak the shock and fork, but so far so good.

I'll be back with a real ride report after our trip to Sun Valley (Oct. 14-20). Oh yeah, there is clearance for the Exi-Wolfs and the REBA with the Poploc remote clears the down tube too .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

Members who have read this thread: 0