just got my new curtlo!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

just got my new curtlo!

frame came in today, i will try to post pics soon. the frame looks great, nice welds and the paint looks very good also. mines weighed 4.7 lbs for a 19.5 in frame. the geometry is as follows.
    tt 24.25 in
    st 16.5 in c-c
    st 19.5 in c-t
    cs 16.5 in
    bb 12.0 in
    ht 71 degrees
    st 73 degrees
    i wanted a woods bike, with low standover height and compact triangles. im 245 lbs so the frame is beefy to handle my weight. hope to build it up soon and ride it, it will be interesting to seeif it performs as hoped. doug did a great job, i hope i (geometry is my own) did also.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER

Mar 2004
    congrats!! I'm sure you're going to love the way it rides.... I've had my Curtlo since early June and it's exceeded all of my expectations.

ryan s.

mtbr member

thanks, i looked at your bike...

Quote Originally Posted by ryancycle
    congrats!! I'm sure you're going to love the way it rides.... I've had my Curtlo since early June and it's exceeded all of my expectations.

ryan s.
    and its really sweet!, how do you like the white bros. fork?. what were the design goals for your frame , such as ride characteristics etc?.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edouble
    and its really sweet!, how do you like the white bros. fork?. what were the design goals for your frame , such as ride characteristics etc?.

the white bro's fork is great. it's smooth as butter and very easy to keep maintain.... granted it doesn't have all the new technology that's coming out, but it works for me and it's pretty much hassle free.

as far as frame design and goals, I told Doug that I was pretty much looking for a bike that could handle twisty single track like a champ. Doug delivered. not to mention it climbs extremely well and isn't too bad on descents, given that it is a hardtail with only 80mm of travel up front.

ryan s.

mtbr member

the new forks...

Quote Originally Posted by ryancycle
    the white bro's fork is great. it's smooth as butter and very easy to keep maintain.... granted it doesn't have all the new technology that's coming out, but it works for me and it's pretty much hassle free.

as far as frame design and goals, I told Doug that I was pretty much looking for a bike that could handle twisty single track like a champ. Doug delivered. not to mention it climbs extremely well and isn't too bad on descents, given that it is a hardtail with only 80mm of travel up front.

ryan s.
    in my opinion are RIDICULOUS!. so many adjustments just to ride a friggin' bike!. im always looking for older, simple forks with very few adjustments." set it and forget it" is my motto.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER