just got my evo frame and I have a quick question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

just got my evo frame and I have a quick question

hi guys, I'm officialy part of the chumba family now. I just pulled my new black evo frame out of the box and she's beautiful! I have a question though. there's some crap rolling around inside the chainstays. I got some to fall out, and it looks like little tan pieces of nutshell or something similar. they're about the size of a sesame seed and irregularly shaped.
    Anybody else have these in their frame?

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    I don't think I have that in my stays. Most likely it's just some left over metals from drilling, welding or machining in the stays. If it's bugging you too much then call Chumba and see what they can do for you.

Congrats on the frame, I'm sure you'll enjoy how it rides!
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I noticed the same thing with mine. Sounds funky. I think it might be from the painting process. Once I got the frame built up, I forgot about it. I will have to give the frame a shake and listen to see if I can still notice it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Idea! I would guess it

likely is a nutshell from the blasting process after they welded it up to clean it up prior to painting and polishing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Quick Fix

Hey congrats on the bike. A quick fix to quietin those bits from the bead blasting:

Fill a syringe or the like with some silicon, then squeeze a bit into the chain stay or seat stay (wherever the noise is coming from). Shake it all about, until the noise stops... Hey PRESTO, good to go .

Cheers,

mtbr member
    thanks guys (and gals, if any of you are women).

Members who have read this thread: 0