Jonesbikes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jonesbikes

Jan 2005

New question here. Jonesbikes

Found the website www.jonesbikes.com. Very expensive, but it looks as if the guy knows exactly what he's doing. Cool website, wonderful bikes. I did some research but I couldn't find much. Anybody here with any experience? Are the bikes worth the money? I would be happy to get more information about the bikes and the builder. Thank you.

Hoopy Frood

Cool Stuff

Jeff Jones is quite popular on here. His H-Bars are especially well-liked.

Do a search for "Jeff Jones" in the discussion forums. You'll find lots of hits and discussions.

A year is a long time to wait for a frame, though. Unless I was hung up on titanium, if I was going to wait that long for a bike, I'd get one from Sacha White at Vanilla.

- khill
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

Jan 2005
    I tried "Jones" and "Jonesbikes" and found very little. "Jeff Jones" works much better Most of the posts are in SS or "29. But if it really takes one year (or even half a year), I have to look elswhere.
    There are so many cool framebuilders. Soulcraft, Sycip, Anvil, Rock Lobster, just to name a few. It's difficult to choose, the more as I live far away (in Germany).
    The more I read the more I get confused. First I have looked for a great FS, my choice was a Ventana Saltamontes. Having read all these great things about "29, I look for a "29 steel hardtail. Anyway, thank you for the help!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    ego -

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jeff and I represent him (and several other North American frame and component manufacturers) here in Scandinavia. There are plenty of good reasons to appreciate finely crafted bikes, no matter what the design or intended use. I've got access to some nice FS demo bikes, but am still looking forward to a steel 29'er myself. Having the one doesn't preclude lusting after the other.

I can only distribute certain brands in Germany, but if you ever need additional information about the brands that I carry I would be happy to help you in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by ego40
    I tried "Jones" and "Jonesbikes" and found very little. "Jeff Jones" works much better Most of the posts are in SS or "29. But if it really takes one year (or even half a year), I have to look elswhere.
    There are so many cool framebuilders. Soulcraft, Sycip, Anvil, Rock Lobster, just to name a few. It's difficult to choose, the more as I live far away (in Germany).
    The more I read the more I get confused. First I have looked for a great FS, my choice was a Ventana Saltamontes. Having read all these great things about "29, I look for a "29 steel hardtail. Anyway, thank you for the help!