Ionic warranty experience?- Mtbr.com
    ACS
    mtbr member

Ionic warranty experience?

Has anyone had any experience dealing with ionic/dean on a warranty type issue. I have an Ionic johhny rotten SS and the seatstay is bent (possibly cracked) at the top side of the disc mount.
    I've heard some stories about their poor CS. I just sent them an email, hopefuly they'll repair or replace it.

mtbr member
    I bought a first gen DEAN ACE, and broke the main pivot away from the frame.

John at DEAN took awesome care of me by building me a brand new frame with the latest design. I had to wait to have the new frame built, but it was well worth it.

Keep in mind they are a small shop, and they don't have "stock on hand." If your issue is due to a faulty part and not due to abuse or a crash, I'm sure they'll take care of you. Give them a call, and see what they say.

-C

ACS
    mtbr member
    Email hasn't been returned. I guess I'll give them a call.
    It's good to hear some praise for their customer service.

mtbr member

good luck

I cracked my headtube on my Dean Colonel and it took about 3 weeks for an email return. Couldn't get them to pick up a phone either. Once I did get the bike shipped back to them, the 2-4 week time frame I was told ended up being 4 months. But, with all the negativity, I must say that they did a wonderful job fixing the frame. Just be patient. Good luck!

mtbr member
    I have an order in for a Steelhead. Delivery time was quoted 3-5 weeks. Now at week 12 and the frame has not yet been welded. Probably going to cancel the order. Keep calling over and over, someone will eventually pick up.....

update...cancelled my order. Just dont trust what they are saying on the phone and dont want to ride their product.
    Last edited by Cannonball; 09-18-2009 at 09:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Original Ionic Mountain Bike

I have one of the original hand-made Ionic Steehead Hardtail mountain bike frames which was created by the original owner when he was based in Boise, ID. He is a good friend of my brother's (who was a competitive mountain biker). My brother keeps telling me not to sell it because it is so well made and timeless, but I've become more of a serious road biker and haven't been on it for years. It is "lightly" ridden and in great shape. If anyone wants more info, just let me know.

Members who have read this thread: 0