interbike EVO- Mtbr.com

Thread: interbike EVO

locked - time out

interbike EVO

Hope this attachment works. Blk ano.

Looks like a revised rocker too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nerfherder
    Besides the black rockers, I think those are the first black Evo chain stays and seat stays I've seen.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    Interesting... did the old rocker have a habit of breaking? The new one looks positively overbuilt.

mtbr member
    No, I don't believe a rocker ever broke, but I do know the new rocker can take 4 bearings on both the front and back side. My EVO only has 4 bearings up front.

New frame also has ISCG mounts.

I do wish they would bring back the ball-burnished rear end though - and keep the rocker a raw aluminum color.

BTW - Chumba virtual booth is up - http://content.mtbr.com/TRD_14_312crx.aspx

Surfing trails
    I never knew of any of them breaking. Have you seen them up close? They were already so thick and beefy I would hate to see what 900 lb. bison it would take to break one of them!

Here's a pic up close. http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?i...1010082pj6.jpg

locked - time out
    I'm thinking that there are 2 evos. The green is the Older AM style while the Blk out model is gearing more toward FR. Don't know about the angles. The rockers are different. It's great to see Tabs for a chain retention device. Could it be a new FR EVO?

HMMMMMM?

mtbr member
    The black one is their 08 prototype. The green one at their booth is the current 07 frame.

Ricky Bobby

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=297996&d=1190869250

Gonna hafta tear that there decal off though, mmmhmmm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Beefy is good! ( ugh grunt snort!)! That things looks like a cave man on steroids!

I hate wimpy shave every gram sissy looking mountain bikes!

On the other hand, light is good too.

Hmmm. I am a two faced bike sleaze.
    Last edited by Twister; 09-28-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Compulsive Bike Builder

I got a close look

I checked this out in person. The seat tube and down tube are hydroformed single tubes - not welded sectional. The e-type mount is in the seat tube, not on a separate block. The seatstay yoke is much narrower: the old one was wide enough for 4" tires and would hit my shoes occasionally. The pivot hardware is all upgraded: no interference with the pivots behind the seatstay and any crankset now, and reverse threaded bolts where needed to prevent backout. This is made overseas like the XCL, and Chumba were very impressed with the build quality and manufacturing tolerances.

There will be more changes: butted tubing, maybe some tweeking of the gussets, the bell crank (that is what Ted likes to call the rocker arm), more hydroforming, who knows.

Hubba.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    interbike EVO

Is this a med/large?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apr 2007

That is a Med

That is a Med EVO )* prototype. No we have never had a rocker brake the new rocker is milled from both sides. The part that looks over built is milled from the back side it will also accept quad bearings.
    The E type der bracket is welded on the frame and the ISCG is welded on the frame also.
    The chain stays are narrower more like the XCL this helps shave off some weight and give you more leg clearance.
    The tire has more clearance than the previous model EVOs.
    The over all weight should be lighter than the older EVOs.
    It will be offered in ano black& gray but it will also come in many other colors like the XCL.
    The test bikes are normally black ano so they resist scratching while we are testing them.

Quote Originally Posted by csbueno
    interbike EVO

Is this a med/large?

Members who have read this thread: 0