Inter bike Evo review by Tscheezy.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Inter bike Evo review by Tscheezy.

Chumba EVO:
    This was one of the best bikes of the show. When we rode one last year we loved basically everything about it except for the ridiculously shallow seat angle. With the saddle raised to full pedaling height, we ended up about a mile behind having our knee over the pedal spindle (KOPS). The modestly steeped seat tube angle on the EVO brought things back into the realm of acceptability, though quite a bit of the rider's weight still seemed to be on the back of the bike and there was a mildly stretched out and squatty feel as the bike sagged or climbed. Not all bad though, as this made the rear end of the bike feel as plush as anything we rode. The chassis is extremely stiff and burly, and the linkage offered a very capable ride in terms of pedaling and bump compliance. The shock seemed to easily give up its first half of travel which made the bike seem to float over trail obstacles, but it still had a respectable ramp up to resist bottoming. Among the Lyrik U-Turn forks we rode, this one had the best feel to it and it complimented the EVO nicely. Overall the EVO was one of the plushest and most pleasant riding bikes at the demo that we took out and for folks looking for a laid back and flowy mannered bike, this is one to consider and one we wholeheartedly recommend. If you want something a bit more responsive and aggressive feeling, there are other options out there (presumably including the Chumba XCL which we did not ride).

nerfherder
    Here's a link to that Chumba Evo Review.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I tried to add the link and it didn't work. I was looking forward to xcl reviews as well, but I don't know if there was any built up for interbike or not. Anyone?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    I tried to add the link and it didn't work. I was looking forward to xcl reviews as well, but I don't know if there was any built up for interbike or not. Anyone?
    I took a look at the demo fleet prior to Interbike, and from what I recall, it was mainly comprised of XCLs (10-12 of them?) and only a handfull of EVOs and 1 or 2 F5s. I'm surprised there hasn't been more feedback on the XCLs. I heard at one point, they had all the bikes out.

Members who have read this thread: 0