Info on Bike!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com

Apr 2007

Info on Bike!!!!!!!

Yes i just bought a bike off of a guy here in town. I was hoping that you guys could help me with some info on it since he didnt have the manual. He said that he bought it in italy when he was stationed there. The brand is Vertical and i believe the model is a P7. It has a front fork that i have never seen and has a sticker on the shock that says "DH Down hill rebound shock". Any help that you can give me would be appreciated.

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

I see a lot of verticals...

At walmart, they sell tons of them. They are your typical dime store bike, heavy frames with bottom of the pile components, and shocks with weird eye-to-eye measurements, sometimes impossible to upgrade components.
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

Apr 2007

Waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by KennyO
    At walmart, they sell tons of them. They are your typical dime store bike, heavy frames with bottom of the pile components, and shocks with weird eye-to-eye measurements, sometimes impossible to upgrade components.

I have no idea what this person is talking about. I have never seen this bike a walmart and they dont have it on there website. The bike is equipped with shimano brakes, pedals and gears. So dont know about the bottom pile parts. As for the frame my roommate has a trek 4300 and my fame is the same weight if not a little lighter. can anyone offer any real help.
    Last edited by vertical P7; 04-17-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Oh, my bad...

Quote Originally Posted by vertical P7
    I have no idea what this person is talking about. I have never seen this bike a walmart and they dont have it on there website. The bike is equipped with shimano brakes, pedals and gears. So dont know about the bottom pile parts. As for the frame my roommate has a trek 4300 and my fame is the same weight if not a little lighter. can anyone offer any real help.
    They were sold at Target. You can't tell me you never see these kids riding around on "Vertical" brand bikes because they can't afford anything decent? I bought my wife one of these a few years ago, because I knew she wouldn't ride much, it cost me $100 for the whole bike. They suck. I guess Target doesn't sell them anymore because the company, Dynacraft, had to recall 32,000 of them for cracked frames. You should do your homework.

To help you with that, I provide some links for your educational and viewing pleasure:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&sear...20bikes&page=1

Here's a report on the recall, read about it:
    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...32/detail.html

Here's more recall info:
    http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07142.html

Here's a guy selling one on craigslist, if you like them so much:
    http://monterey.craigslist.org/bik/309045794.html

Here's a review on one of them:
    http://www.dirtworld.com/community/g...=14387&level=1

You may be smoking, but not on a Vertical...

Also, Shimano isn't neccessarily the mark of high quality. Your bottom end Huffys come with Shimano stuff.

BTW, I'm curious, what brand shock and fork came on your bike? DNM and ballistic? Do post a pic!
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

local trails rider
    Having similar brand names is not necessarily any guarantee that you are talking about the same bikes, especially if the bikes are from different continents.

Do you have a way to get a pic you can post?

Apr 2007
    I will get some pictures of it tonight. I guess the first guy didnt ready my post since i said it was bought in italy. They links that he posted are not for my bike and i checked Dynacrafts web site and they dont have any bikes like mine. I am guessing that they dont have any targets in italy.

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz
    Quote Originally Posted by vertical P7
    I will get some pictures of it tonight. I guess the first guy didnt ready my post since i said it was bought in italy. They links that he posted are not for my bike and i checked Dynacrafts web site and they dont have any bikes like mine. I am guessing that they dont have any targets in italy.
    Well, I can actually read really well, and I did in fact read your post. Vertical has made over 30 models of bikes, I posted a few. Since they are all made in Taiwan, and people in England are buying them (and trashing them), then it probably isn't a far stretch that you'd find them in Italy too. I don't know if they have any Targets in The U.K. either, but obviously you can get them there. They suck there too. It would be interesting to see what your bike is, hopefully it isn't the same brand. Unfortunately, I googled through hundreds of results searching for "vertical bikes", and all I could find were these crappy bikes. Maybe you got a one of a kind?

Members who have read this thread: 0