Independent Fabrications- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Independent Fabrications

I am currently in the market for a new frame and have decided that it is going to be an IF. My first choice would be a Ti deluxe but more realistic is a steel deluxe.

I would relly like to hear owners comments on these frames if possible and links to any reviews that anyone knows of, I have searched the forum and the web and turned up very little!

jct
    mtbr member
    check this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=39714

i have an 01 steel deluxe that's in the process of getting re-built this winter. got the juicy 7s, just ordered fox F100RLC, ordering drivetrain in a couple. going in for fresh paint next week!!

Mar 2005
    I recently got an IF steel deluxe 29er SS. I have other bikes but this one is awesome. The welds are seamless. The paint is better than any I have seen on any bike. I have a really good build and I think that the combo of the right frame and right parts make it as good as it is. I have Chris King hubs, Jones H-bars, Salsa Delgado rims, Thomson stem and seatpost, El camino brakes, White Bros Magic 80 fork, WTB saddle. All of these parts worked out to a phenomonal ride. I rode it really hard in the last week and I go a lot faster than when I ride my Titus Moto-lite. I have amazed myself with what I can climb on this thing. Dirt Rag Mag did a review of a Titanium Deluxe a couple of years ago and loved it. Check out www.ifrider.com for more details. The Steel Deluxe is the Shizzitt!

Ti is addictive
    Eddie, does IF do a Ti 29'er?????? Just wonderin........
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Mar 2005

Ti 29er?

I think, because they do custom, that they do although I haven't seen one. However I know that they do Ti SS's and hardtails. Go to www.ifbikes.com. They will build you a bike specifically for you. (The fitting process takes about 2 hours and is done by your lbs). A ti 29er. That would be a wicked machine

Ti is addictive
    The local shop I deal with has sold a few IF's (steel of course) and I'm amazed at the build quality....Top notch and as Eddie stated brilliant paint job.......They're tryin to convince me to try somethin new, so it's in the back of my mind of tryin to build a 29'er.......
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

853+29+1x24=Fun
    I just got a Steel Deluxe a few months ago. Best bike I've ever owned. I'm going to use it for endurance racing this summer.

Oh yeah, no "s" in Fabrication.

|i|
    Best bike I have ever owned. The construction and paint are flawless and it fits like a glove. Riding it on twisty, fast singletrack is like the speeder bike scene through the forests of Endor in Return of the Jedi -- extremely responsive yet completely stable.

You can't go wrong on this one.

old part timer
    I am extremely happy with my IF 29er. I chose steel over titanium but they can build with either. It is a beautiful bike to look at and rides wonderfully.

Bend, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by kev0153
    I just got a Steel Deluxe a few months ago. Best bike I've ever owned. I'm going to use it for endurance racing this summer.
    ditto

the welds are like butter.

Members who have read this thread: 0