Inbred 456 frame alignment?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Inbred 456 frame alignment?

Not sure if this is frame alignment or what, but I'm having an issue.

I just put Kenda Small Block 8 2.35 tires on my Inbred 456 (the blue colored frame) and it appears that the tire is much closer to the driveside chainstay. In fact the tire buzzes the chain in the biggest cog in back and the middle ring (set up as 1x9).

But, when I look at the clearance on the seatstays, it appears that the tire is actually closer to the nondrive side.

I built the wheels myself, so there's a chance I botched the dish, although I did check it with a dishing tool when I built the wheel. I previously was using smaller tires so I didn't really notice an issue. I will redish the wheel to adjust for this.

Does this sound right? Can anyone else with a 456 (or Brant, cheers!) comment?

mtbr member
    Try the wheel in the other way around. That's the easiest way to check dish.

If it's not that, then the frame is out of whack somehow.

Also check that the axle is RIGHT up into the top of the dropout (our dropouts can be quite snug on some axles). Take the QR and do a visual to make sure it's right up at the top.

Any problems email me rather than post on here as I only caught this by chance (after 4 days)

Members who have read this thread: 0