IF Tungsten Electrode- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

IF Tungsten Electrode

Has anyone ridden the Tungsten Electrode? Talk about untouchable bike...

mtbr member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4K frame only ??? and when I asked them if they made an aluminum or steel version for a lower price they said just go buy another brand (can't remember which one but I think it was Rocky Mountain). So why bother with the IF however nice?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    4K frame only ??? and when I asked them if they made an aluminum or steel version for a lower price they said just go buy another brand (can't remember which one but I think it was Rocky Mountain). So why bother with the IF however nice?
    Go to the iron horse board there is some discussion about the TE.

The main draw is the DW link rear suspension. Ibis just licensed the DW link rear linkage for their return to the bicycle world. The Ibis is 5.5" of rear travel. The IF is 4" of rear.

Iron Horse has been using the DW link in several of their frames since 2003. The Azure is 3.5" and the MKIII is 5". These frames replaced the 2004 Hollowpoint what was adjustable between 3.75" and 4.5" but was a little beefy for pure XC racing. The Iron Horse price point is incredible, with the exception of their new factory racing frames which are in line with other boutique frames.

The IF fits in the gap that is between the Azure and the MKIII in terms of travel and weight. But as you've noticed the price is untouchable, which is a shame, as 4-4.5" of lightweight DW link suspension is what I'd consider the perfect frame.

Members who have read this thread: 0