I guess I need to lose a few- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

I guess I need to lose a few

I went to service the F5 tonight for upcoming races, and I found a broken bolt....

The lower bolt for the dogbone, where the brake arm attaches had sheared off inside the frame. The brake arm wasn't tight against the frame like normal, so when I tried to tighten it, it just kept spinning.

I managed to get the broken piece out without damaging any threads, and a new bolt is on the way.

I guess it happened on a really hard bottom-out.

Team _________

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    so whats the new diet plan??? You one weight weight watchers yet???

On a more serious note, man that sux dude... good to see you got things sorted out though...

mtbr member
    yeah, they shipped on out no questions asked.

I'm 197 right now. I'll be starving myself for a couple weeks to get to 190 hopefully. I'm gonna need to be a little lighter, I'm going from an 06' 888 to a 08 world cup.
    Team _________

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Sounds like them alright... Always making sure we're out there riding instead of sitting at home waiting...

send me some of that weight!!! XD

mtbr member
    It kinda happened again..... Only a few days of use on it this time. This time the bolt started to bend and pulled the threads out of the frame. I'll call Chumba and see what they say about it later. I'm racing the US open this weekend so I'm gonna have to run it like it is for now.

For now I went to the hardware store and got a 8.8 bolt that is long enough to come out the other side and I put a Nylock nut on it.

I don't know why this is happening. I turned the bottom out in almost all the way on my dhx. I really can't run anymore air in it, if I do I feel compression spikes. It really hasn't been bottoming harshly, but I've been racing and not everything has a smooth tranny.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    yeah I just noticed mine is broken too.

How did you get it out? The first BC cup is this weekend, I'm just going to ride it, I don't have time to go to a fastener store before..

PS gnarly race pics to follw..

Members who have read this thread: 0