I.F. Deluxe- A Fair Price?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

I.F. Deluxe- A Fair Price?

Is no one willing to take a guess on the value of a used I.F. Steel Deluxe? Help. please!

This is NOT a tricky attempt at an advertisement. I really need a reality check for a fair market value. I am forced to sell this incredible bike which I expected to have forever due to a defective disc in my low back and can't ride hardtails. I can barely ride at all with full suspension.

I have an I.F. Deluxe, 18" stock geometry, disc brake specific, and silver headbadge. Very good frame condition,. paint rubbed off from chainsuck (no gouges), and 'normal' amount of paint chips. No evident gouges.

It's a complete bike. Some of the part highlights to help establish value::
    Headset- King
    Fork- SID SL; 80mm
    Wheels-Mavic 3.1 tubeless on Hugi 240 hubs, front and rear
    Tires- Hutchinson Python tubeless or Conti. Vert. Pro tubeless
    Shifters- Front and Rear XTR
    Brakes- AVID BB7 mechanical
    Front Derailleur- XT
    Rear Derailleur- XTR 9 speed
    Crankset- XT

. All thoughts appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by wyatt; 05-29-2006 at 06:51 PM.
    WYATT

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt
    Hi. This is NOT a tricky attempt at an advertisement. I really need a reality check for a fair market value. I have a defective disc in my low back and can't ride hard tails without incredible pain.

I have an I.F. Deluxe, 18" stock geometry, disc brake specific, and silver headbadge. Very good frame condition, though you may feel differently. It has paint rubbed off from chainsuck (no gouges), paint rub on inside left chainstay (I think from the disc rotor brushing as the wheel is installed) and 'normal' amount of paint chips. No evident gouges.

Selling as a complete bike. Here some of the part highlights:
    Headset- King
    Fork- SID SL; 80mm
    Wheels-Mavic 3.1 tubeless on Hugi 240 hubs, front and rear
    Tires- Hutchinson Python tubeless or Conti. Vert. Pro tubeless
    Shifters- Front and Rear XTR
    Brakes- AVID BB7 mechanical
    Front Derailleur- XT
    Rear Derailleur- XTR 9 speed
    Crankset- XT

What do you think it is worth? I was advertising it at $1599.00 considering the frame is $1525.00 now, kind of like the whole bike for the price of the frame, notwithstanding the fact that a new frame gets custom geometry. All thoughts appreciated. Thank you.
    I guess it depends on th ebike's tour of duty. How many miles, how worn, how well maintained, etc...

The steel deluxe now goes for $1,600, add a sterling headbadge and it's $1,700. If everything is in very good condition, then I'd say you were giving the bike away.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    I guess it depends on th ebike's tour of duty. How many miles, how worn, how well maintained, etc...

The steel deluxe now goes for $1,600, add a sterling headbadge and it's $1,700. If everything is in very good condition, then I'd say you were giving the bike away.

THANK YOU so much for the reply.I figured everyone thought this was a sneaky ad. I already have it advertised. They say when something doesn't sell to raise the price. The brakes have about 20 miles since they replaced defective discs, the tires are in great shape and the drive train has less wear and shifts better than my other bikes. In the last two years I used it intermittently, between extensive FS bike use, since my back problem was showing up about six months after I got it. Certainly a rating of 'Very Good' applies to all aspects of it.

In British Racing Green with yellow highlights and the S curved seat stays it has a look I will sorely miss. I owned three Fat Chance Yo! Eddy's all of which I had to sell for different reason and I swore I would never let this go. But with this disc nearly completely gone I am lucky to ride at all. It still hurts with FS. The I.F. with tubeless was a dream ride. My friends only got away from away on the roughest terrain, and I didn't care because the fun feeling of it's handling more than made up. Of course you all know that. Thanks again.
    WYATT

Members who have read this thread: 0