Help locating Redline Monocog Flight derailleur hanger (Paragon style dropout)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Help locating Redline Monocog Flight derailleur hanger (Paragon style dropout)

I know this is a long shot but I'm trying to find a derailleur hanger for my 2010 Monocog Flight. I've tried Paragon sliders but they don't fit correctly.

Anyone know of another brand that would work or even better, have the hanger sitting around in their parts bin collecting dust? Happy to work out a deal!

Name:  514WBogjEhL._SX466_[1].jpg
Views: 284
Size:  12.7 KB

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    HElloo! I just ordered and installed one of these into my 2009 Monocog flight. It isn't exaaactly the same but it works! Right Side Insert for Sliding Dropout B4006 - 6derailleur hanger for 10 mm Skewer
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. ~Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    I had tried Paragon, didn't work on my frame. The Paragon sliders are slightly too thin to stay secured. The amount of torque you're going to be hammering down, especially in a singlespeed application, it's going to cause problems.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    No issues yet (5-7 rides), I'll keep you updated. I also have an extra Kona Unit dropout. The extra materiel where the threads are is slightly too wide (wider than the dropout width). Thus they would require some spacers on the bolts to put pressure on the frame. The rest of the dropout seems to be the same dimensions as the Redline one. Maybe try that?

If I have any issues, I will be trying that next.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. ~Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Yup, I had also tried Kona's dropouts, and as you mentioned, they don't fit. Single speed is great though, but having the derailleur dropouts would make the frame even more versatile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Mine is still holding up with the paragon slider, as you said, screwed in tight.
    ~Biggy

txn
    mtbr member
    Having a similar issue here, too. I need a replacement NDS slider. Redline sent me to Paragon where I ordered the B4009, but it is 1mm too thin. It's not going to hold up under torque with that much slop. It turns out Paragon never made dropouts or slider for Redline, so they can't really help. Was think of either sending it back or possibly shimming it. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Try kona's?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBMX View Post
    Try kona's?
    I've tried Kona's, they don't fit the Monocog Flight either.

The only dropouts that fit are OEM from Redline. Good luck to everyone trying to find one.

txn
    mtbr member
    Success!

I contacted my local Redline dealer - Buck’s Bikes - in Austin, TX, and they found me a brand-new, genuine Redline NDS slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk