• 12-30-2017
    RacerLex
    1 Attachment(s)
    Help locating Redline Monocog Flight derailleur hanger (Paragon style dropout)
    I know this is a long shot but I'm trying to find a derailleur hanger for my 2010 Monocog Flight. I've tried Paragon sliders but they don't fit correctly.

Anyone know of another brand that would work or even better, have the hanger sitting around in their parts bin collecting dust? Happy to work out a deal!

Attachment 1175156
  • 09-23-2018
    BigBMX
    HElloo! I just ordered and installed one of these into my 2009 Monocog flight. It isn't exaaactly the same but it works! Right Side Insert for Sliding Dropout B4006 - 6derailleur hanger for 10 mm Skewer
  • 09-24-2018
    RacerLex
    I had tried Paragon, didn't work on my frame. The Paragon sliders are slightly too thin to stay secured. The amount of torque you're going to be hammering down, especially in a singlespeed application, it's going to cause problems.
  • 09-24-2018
    BigBMX
    No issues yet (5-7 rides), I'll keep you updated. I also have an extra Kona Unit dropout. The extra materiel where the threads are is slightly too wide (wider than the dropout width). Thus they would require some spacers on the bolts to put pressure on the frame. The rest of the dropout seems to be the same dimensions as the Redline one. Maybe try that?

If I have any issues, I will be trying that next.
  • 10-15-2018
    RacerLex
    Yup, I had also tried Kona's dropouts, and as you mentioned, they don't fit. Single speed is great though, but having the derailleur dropouts would make the frame even more versatile.
  • 10-15-2018
    BigBMX
    Mine is still holding up with the paragon slider, as you said, screwed in tight.
    ~Biggy
  • 03-13-2019
    txn
    Having a similar issue here, too. I need a replacement NDS slider. Redline sent me to Paragon where I ordered the B4009, but it is 1mm too thin. It's not going to hold up under torque with that much slop. It turns out Paragon never made dropouts or slider for Redline, so they can't really help. Was think of either sending it back or possibly shimming it. Any thoughts?
  • 03-13-2019
    BigBMX
    Try kona's?
  • 03-14-2019
    RacerLex
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBMX View Post
    Try kona's?

I've tried Kona's, they don't fit the Monocog Flight either.

The only dropouts that fit are OEM from Redline. Good luck to everyone trying to find one.
  • 03-25-2019
    txn
    Success!

I contacted my local Redline dealer - Buck’s Bikes - in Austin, TX, and they found me a brand-new, genuine Redline NDS slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk