Happening upon a Wojcik- Mtbr.com
    resident crackpot

Happening upon a Wojcik

Hey all, I am awaiting my 'new' ride, a Ted Wojcik from an ad here. Not feeling apprehensive at all about the ride of the bike: full 853 tubing, what appears to be my perfect TT length, a good parts mix, and that OhSoSweet steel ride...I am happy. I've made leaps and bounds through my MTB riding years and have come full circle once again, back to the steel roots. This time, an even more boutique-esque ride in the Wojcik. Others in the current and former stable...DeKerf Generation, Bontrager Race, Bontrager Privateer, '90 Trek 930, and so on. The list actually spirals down a touch, with a few full suspension steps in there, but mostly I've been stepping up with the steel rides over the years and am happy about this one. A pic can be seen here:
    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

Thanks for reading,
    T

resident crackpot
    After a few cockpit adjustments I found that this bike is a perfect fit for me. I will upgrade some stuff over this Winter, but all in all, this is one smokin' custom hardtail. Mike told me that he had Mr. Wojcik add 0.25" to the top tube from his 'stock' geometry...this turned out to benefit me as well. This pic was taken on my maiden voyage with it at my favorite local trail. Thanks for viewing.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

GreeneDog

Good job!

I recentlly broke a Wojcik full suspension frame that I loved. As a fx for the moment I put my Wojcik hardtail together with all my newer parts and found that this thing really rocks. Ted built mine back in 1992, I must 10,000 miles on it. I have only missed one year of riding on it. You will not be disappointed.

Keep riding and enjoy!

Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mar 2005
    Good looking bike. Keep on riding!

mtbr member
    That's a great looking Ted Wojcik frame - congrats on the purchase and finding it to be a great fit!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0