Gray XCL in da house...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Gray XCL in da house...

Got her completed and got to ride Sunday. Need to sort the air pressure out in the rear, but overall, this thing freakin' RIPS! I love it. Better balance than what I had before and stiff like I prefer.

Things that kinda suck are the brakes. I hate them. Soft as **** and too progressive for me. I am used to road racing motorcycles and I like instant braking. Any thoughts on tuning that in a little better? Basically, has nothing to do with the bike - just the feel...

I love this thing and cannot wait to get it really dirty and push on it more... More than I need, but allows me to grow into it rather easily...

Here's some pics. Not as fancy as some of you alls' bikes, but I like 'er...

And of course,

banned
    Feb 2009
    nice bike! The XCL is such a classy looking bike!

Maybe your brakes need a good bleed. also make sure they rotors are centered between your pads and the pistons are not sticking, as this can cause the brakes to feel spongy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Looks sharp. I like the added red pieces too. Only thing I would change would be to change out the front hub to red also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCETRY
    Looks sharp. I like the added red pieces too. Only thing I would change would be to change out the front hub to red also.
    It's a 15mm TA. No red options for the front. Hence the red nipples up front, though...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    nice bike! The XCL is such a classy looking bike!

Maybe your brakes need a good bleed. also make sure they rotors are centered between your pads and the pistons are not sticking, as this can cause the brakes to feel spongy.
    They are literally brand new. They were that way from the start... I might try a bleed, though...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think Chumba needs to build some front hubs for the 15mm TA Fox forks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCETRY
    I think Chumba needs to build some front hubs for the 15mm TA Fox forks.
    HUSH YO MOUTH!! If they do that, I gotta buy more stuff!!

Wait... that's a good thing...

I'm just waiting for the casual line to come. This LG tee on my XL chassis is getting disco fever tight!

Members who have read this thread: 0