"Giving It Hell" questions- Mtbr.com
    WWJR

"Giving It Hell" questions

Since I bought my XCL in March, I've straight been kickn its azz....(and vice versa i must say)
    My goal when I bought it was to ride the 49 trails listed in this book I found. Most of em Ive ridden already in the past. But I wanna ride all of em this season on my XCL. So far I've ridden 10 of em, averaging about 75 miles/week.
    Anyway, I took my 1st OTB. Thank god I didnt funk myself up as it was a pretty hard fall. Anyway, my bars were all twisted...brake levers/shifters were all mangled up, and my clock was missing. Well, instead of me breaking out the tools and doing some trail work, i just twisted my bars back close nuff, moved the shifters and levers back, jump'd back on my bike, and finished the trail. When I got back home, I took my bars/stem off and examined everything. The only thing I thought was abnormal were the (2) spacers under my bars. They felt kind of ribbed on the inside. Im guessin they were damaged a little when I twisted my bars on the trail.
    But I dont guess that would cause this popping noise from my frame. Any takers? I cant figure it out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What kind of an OTB was this ? I mean, what type of trail were you riding ?
    I've had a couple OTB's on the XCL, one of which resulted in a broken wrist.
    Needless to say, the bike came out of it better than me in both occasions.

bbc
    Bueno!
    cane creek headset? the spacers that come with cane creek headsets are ribbed so they connect to each other.

WWJR

my bad

nevermind! stupid/broad question...

Members who have read this thread: 0