Ghost Bikes

Printable View

• 09-01-2014
    zombinate
    Ghost Bikes
    Curious to hear anything about Ghost Bikes.

GHOST BIKES: Home

Mostly a European brand, but with availability in MEC for Canada (and strong rumors of entering the USA for 2015), there should be a few people out riding them.

I am especially interested in the Riot link, and how it works for pedaling efficiency.
  • 09-20-2014
    Ghost_HTX
    I have ridden pretty much exclusively Ghost hardtails my whole mtbing life. I only started riding 6 years ago or so, you see...

Ive owned a 2002SE, a 2000SE and now own an HTX Lector 5800. Used them on some longish mtb marathons here in Norway (Birkebeinerrittet, Raumerrittet etc...). Some quite gnarly rocky sections, some asphalt, some gravel (good and bad) and I really cant complain. Its cool,that they are finally being sold globally, too!
  • 09-24-2014
    zombinate
  • 06-12-2015
    GreatLakesWaterman
    I'm liking what the have

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • 06-20-2015
    zombinate
    1 Attachment(s)
    Well, I ended up going big, and just took delivery of the Riot LT 8. Will report back once I get some wheel time. For now it looks good on the top of my car.
    Attachment 997026
  • 06-20-2015
    GreatLakesWaterman
    Can you open your hatch? I added a wheel strap to the front of my Sidearm. Nice bike.

• 06-20-2015
    zombinate
    Yes, the sidearm is one of the few racks that allows me to open my hatch, all others I need to run backwards. I am soon looking to add a hitch rack instead, as the sidearms also destroy my gas mileage.
  • 06-21-2015
    GreatLakesWaterman
    Thule is reportedly working on an aluminum version of the T2.

• 08-26-2015
    zombinate
    Ghost posted their 2016 models

Looks like they went heavy into the 11 speed XT stuff on the high end.
    The AMR variants give a bike option for everyone. Glad to see more aggressive hardtails in their mix (Kato X, Tacana X, and Asket)
  • 09-01-2015
    Ghost_HTX
    Looks like a nice spec on the Lector hardtails. The top spec gets the Rock Shox RS 1 fork too. That is a sexy fork.

I think I'll stick with my 2012 HTX Lector for now, though... :)
  • 08-03-2016
    puredelusion
    I have an ability to buy lightly used Ghost EBS AMR Lector 29 2015 carbon fs frame for 700$.

Worth it? :D

The only way that stops me is that I don't have much space for the fourth bike and I'll have to spend all my free money before vacation...
  • 08-16-2016
    PapaCap
    Check out the Ghost Kato FS7 on sale at REI for 1,948.93. I challenge anyone to find a comparable bike for anywhere near this price.