Front Derailler adjustment for teh EVO- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Front Derailler adjustment for teh EVO

Hi!

Just got the first 2 EVOs in the Philippines today and need help.

I wanted to find out if any of you guys could help me set up my front derailleur (shimano FD M960 E) for my EVO. I've installed according to instructions but I noticed that the outer cage does not run parallel to the chaing ring. Normally, with the band type you would just twist the FD to allign it.

This is my first E type FD and I'm not sure how to adjust it properly to run parallel to the direction of the pedals.

Also, I weighed the EVO with the DHX air on my bathroom scale and it read 9 lbs. Don't have a very accurate scale available but can anyone confirm this weight?

Thanks,

Tony

mtbr member
    Would you be able to take a picture of what it looks like? It should line up automatically when you put it on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

problem solved

Hi Dub,

Alan wrote me and gave me tips on installing the FD and you're absolutely right, it should line-up automatically.

I think I made the mistake of not loosening enough the FD mount bolt and not giving it enough float for the FD to align properly. I redid the whole process and that solved it!

I'm now about to build my front wheel set since I just got my chris king through axle hub.

Thanks,

Tony

Sep 2004

Pinoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi! "kamusta ka" ? (how're are you?)

i was just about to purchase my FD and just decided to check w/c one to get, now i know.

is there a lot of trails to ride back there? i havent been back since 92

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

EVO Front Derailleur

Hey Thirdy!

Kamusta?!

Yes, the best FD would be the XTR E type. Just be careful aligning the FD when tightening the BB and watch that the FD doesn't twist as you tighten it.

Its a great frame! My entire bike weighed in at 31lbs and 12 oz. Quite light for a 6 inch travel beefy bike.

Lots of great trails here in and around Manila. Give me a shout in case you visist soon so we can show you our trails.

GOod luck on the build!

Tony

Sep 2004
    i just got all my parts in today and started to build it up and came to a discovery that i had ordered a med cage x-9 RD thought i wwas lossing my mind there for an instance,fond the answers to the???????????s one thing though how can i attach pictures for my threads and replies??????????

Sep 2004
    [/IMG]

Members who have read this thread: 0