Frames on sale at Bobs- Mtbr.com
    it's....

Frames on sale at Bobs

sale link is on the main page.
    http://bobs-bicycles.com/

banned
    wow looks like someone is jumping off the Chumba fan wagon...

it's....
    Not me. Just letting folks know Chumba frames are on sale.
    $999 for Evo is a gread deal, methinks.

banned
    I dunno, there was another shop on here not to long ago giving away those Chumbas too with no intent on carrying them again...but hey, a deal is a deal right? No matter what the bike is.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by eyescream
    I dunno, there was another shop on here not to long ago giving away those Chumbas too with no intent on carrying them again...but hey, a deal is a deal right? No matter what the bike is.
    I think you are talking about the internet dealer comcycle - that was part of an effort for us to consolidate our online distribution in the U.S.

Bob's has always been a good dealer for us with a huge store in Boise, Idaho and actually picked up a bunch of VF2 frames a few weeks ago -
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

redefined
    Guys,

On the topic of Chumba deals. I have been pining over the 09 XCL for months. I can get a complete bike with the factory COMP build kit for $2280 shipped to my door. Is this a good deal for this bike? Is the COMP a decent kit to start off with? TIA
    And though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours...I simply am not there.

mtbr member
    wow looks like someone is jumping off the Chumba fan wagon...
    I assume you are trying to make the point that they are getting rid of Chumba frames for cheap because they are inferior and don't want to carry them anymore? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Your posts are a little cryptic. There are places blowing out Yeti frames as well. Does that make them inferior? http://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub/2...de.aspx?s=2188

My 575 has been hanging up in the garage ever since I got my XCL.

mtbr Decade+
    Holy Smokes! 5/5 chilis with 20 reviews! Not too bad.

I hear Bicycle Bob is the shizznit when it comes to retailers as well. If I had a job - I'd have an EVO.

redefined
    Quote Originally Posted by wankel
    I assume you are trying to make the point that they are getting rid of Chumba frames for cheap because they are inferior and don't want to carry them anymore? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have to admit that was the impression I got also from reading those posts. So should I be wary of buying an XCL? Is it cheap and inferior? I was under the impression that they were high quality, tough, well designed bikes. $2280 shipped appears to be a good deal considering the supposed quality of the frame alone. Parts spec is obviously on the cheap side but that's not a big deal to upgrade. XCL or not?
    And though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours...I simply am not there.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lostmaniksoul
    So should I be wary of buying an XCL? Is it cheap and inferior? I was under the impression that they were high quality, tough, well designed bikes.
    Nothing cheap or inferior about the XCL frame at all. The prices at Bob's are a steal!
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

Members who have read this thread: 0