Frame is cracked! Please, help!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Frame is cracked! Please, help!!!!!!!!

Please help !!!
    Dear forum users! I am newbie!
    I have a bike ghost ASX 4900. The back of the frame cracked (((
    Question: where can I buy a frame (or at least the back part) ??? https://freeride-mountain.com/info/wp - поперечник / добавления / 2015/11 / Ghost-ASX-4900-зелено-черно-сине-2014.jpg

sorry for my bad English!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frame is cracked! Please, help!!!!!!!!-ghost-asx-4900-green-black-blue-2014.jpg  

Frame is cracked! Please, help!!!!!!!!-p80717-185215.jpg  

Frame is cracked! Please, help!!!!!!!!-p80717-185249.jpg  

Frame is cracked! Please, help!!!!!!!!-p80717-185351.jpg  

mtbr member
    People, where are you, please help!

Frame Building Moderator
    You might want to contact Ghost, eh?

-Walt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You might want to contact Ghost, eh?

-Walt
    Bro, thank you for answering!!!
    I'm an absolute beginner, can you give me a link to the ghost?
    Can they help me?

mtbr member
    You can Google Ghost Bike or if not, use this link:

https://www.ghost-bikes.com/en/servi...nty-guarantee/

Where did you buy the bike? Are you the original owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Thank you for the link, i learned a lot of useful things!
    No, unfortunately, I am not the original owner.
    I bought from one guy. As I see from the links, my warranty claims will be void, since I'm probably the third or fourth owner. In this case, I have a question: can I find the used frame, please tell me, where can I find such a frame?

Advise me please, on what to do

mtbr member
    Best bet at this point would be (1) to email Ghost and tell them what's going on - you cracked your rear triangle and want to buy a replacement or (2) if there is a bike shop in your town that sells Ghost bikes, take it to them and ask them if they can help find you a replacement.

I'd hope Ghost would be able to accommodate; once they reply let us know what they say. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Here's a website for a Ghost shop near your hometown...

https://www.fietshandelmarkerink.nl/

If they can't help, use the Ghost website to find another dealer near you:

https://www.ghost-bikes.com/en/dealersearch/

mtbr member
    Another alternative would be to buy a different brand of frame and transfer the parts over. To do that you want to make sure as many of the parts as possible will fit, and you may have to buy another rear shock, but you might be able to upgrade your bike that way.

mtbr member
    Iíve tried that before but it wasnít as economical as I thought it would be. But I was swapping MFRs; perhaps if OP stuck with Ghost it would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've broken a few frames in my day...if you are not original owner you're out of luck regarding warranty.

First thing I would be thinking about is how did it break? Was it normal hard riding or was it already broken from a previous owner? If you broke it, and you plan to continue riding the same trails in the same way, replacing it with the exact same frame will likely end the same way.

You have three options:

1. Cut your losses and find a new bike. If you are 3rd or 4th owner, it's not worth much and many of the components are probably worn/due for replacement. Not worth the $ and effort to piece it back together.

2. If components are in good shape, cheapest way out would be to find a used frame that matches yours. Keep in mind, if you broke the frame doing normal riding, it's likely the replacement frame will also break. Also, be careful buying 'used' frames...only consider used if you can visually confirm no cracks prior to buying. If these frames are known to have common failures, you're probably going to be in this position again down the road. If so, better off with choice #1.

3. Strip off components (fork, shock, drive, brakes, wheels, etc) and find a frame from a different manufacturer that will accept most of them. If you don't have tools/knowledge or access to somebody who does...it is not recommended. This option could also end up being as expensive as choice #1 and can also be time consuming to figure everything out and get the missing parts you need.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    I've broken a few frames in my day...if you are not original owner you're out of luck regarding warranty.

First thing I would be thinking about is how did it break? Was it normal hard riding or was it already broken from a previous owner? If you broke it, and you plan to continue riding the same trails in the same way, replacing it with the exact same frame will likely end the same way.

You have three options:

1. Cut your losses and find a new bike. If you are 3rd or 4th owner, it's not worth much and many of the components are probably worn/due for replacement. Not worth the $ and effort to piece it back together.

2. If components are in good shape, cheapest way out would be to find a used frame that matches yours. Keep in mind, if you broke the frame doing normal riding, it's likely the replacement frame will also break. Also, be careful buying 'used' frames...only consider used if you can visually confirm no cracks prior to buying. If these frames are known to have common failures, you're probably going to be in this position again down the road. If so, better off with choice #1.

3. Strip off components (fork, shock, drive, brakes, wheels, etc) and find a frame from a different manufacturer that will accept most of them. If you don't have tools/knowledge or access to somebody who does...it is not recommended. This option could also end up being as expensive as choice #1 and can also be time consuming to figure everything out and get the missing parts you need.

Thanks to the huge for such a detailed response, bro!

How broke I do not know, maybe the previous owner was very not calm. He probably tried very hard to break it.
    I'm skating around the city. On rough terrain - rarely.
    Yes, you correctly noticed. But I think that the previous owner was hard skating, or during transportation broke down.

Everything is normal with the components. That's why I want to find the used frame.

Usual driving does not break this frame. The frame is good. Someone tried very hard.

Yes, it will be more expensive to assemble on another frame. I do not have experience either. The tool I received. I learned to understand the bicycle a little.

The best option for me now is to find the used frame or the rear triangle. I already wrote. Waiting for an answer

mtbr member
    I'd like to get any other triangle if they fit my frame

https://www.thebikelist.co.uk/ghost/asx-4900-2014

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacha Wacha Wacha View Post
    Here's a website for a Ghost shop near your hometown...

https://www.fietshandelmarkerink.nl/

If they can't help, use the Ghost website to find another dealer near you:

https://www.ghost-bikes.com/en/dealersearch/

Thank you !! I wrote a message to them. Waiting for an answer