Frame Colors...

Printable View

• 11-28-2007
    CHUMBAevo
    Frame Colors...
    Hello,

Just wanted to take an informal poll on what colors you guys would like to see, on which one of our frames. Thanks in advance..

A.
  • 11-28-2007
    neilster1
    I'd love to see the XCL in anodized blue or red..
  • 11-28-2007
    Ricky D
    Ditto on the ano blue or red! :thumbsup:
  • 11-28-2007
    GhisalloWheels
    Cream. I haven't seen on may bikes, but in cars with black windows and such it really looks clean.
  • 11-28-2007
    scruffylooking
    Root beer metallic flake!
  • 11-29-2007
    Mar-deeb
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! All my previouis bikes have been blue and it was a real rench to take something in another colour. I am about to get the ano grey so ano blue would break my heart!!!
  • 11-29-2007
    Strafer
    no paint, just polish the AL frame!
  • 11-29-2007
    venom600
    Mtn Dew green
  • 11-29-2007
    bbc
    I think a raw or ano silver. Anything with a gold or silver flake in the paint is nice too.
  • 11-29-2007
    Merrimack Dave
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bbc
    I think a raw or ano silver. Anything with a gold or silver flake in the paint is nice too.

Ditto on the raw. :thumbsup:
  • 11-29-2007
    scruffylooking
    Glow-in-the-dark-green.
  • 11-30-2007
    BMJ
    Keep the shine!
    Don't loose the polished rear end and rockers on the painted frames!!!!

The polished rear looks so much nicer than all paint. Besides, the rear gets so much more abuse and abrasion than the front. Paint on the rear just ends up getting beat!

My favorite color would be Laguna Seca Blue and polished on my 08' frame in my grubby hands tomorrow, not January!:D

Wink Wink, Nod Nod, Ya know Ya know Ya know.....;)
  • 11-30-2007
    perttime
    White is the new pink

or something
  • 11-30-2007
    dubjay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BMJ
    Don't loose the polished rear end and rockers on the painted frames!!!!

The polished rear looks so much nicer than all paint. Besides, the rear gets so much more abuse and abrasion than the front. Paint on the rear just ends up getting beat!

I will agree with this. The ball-burnished rear ends add a nice touch of class. It gives the bikes a more boutique-ish look.
  • 11-30-2007
    williman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scruffylooking

That's what I want. Big bass boat flake!
  • 11-30-2007
    Sorgie
    Since I'm 99% sure the XCL will be my next frame I might as well put in my 2 cents.:D
    I totally agree with the ball burnished rear sections. They look great and don't get all chipped and scratched.
    As far as colors, I really don't have a problem with any of the current offerings, but as others have said, a blue would look nice. Maybe something to match the blue bits on the Fox shocks.
    I also think a cream or dark green metallic would look good. My original full suspension (way back) was an Amp B3 with a dark metallic green front and polished rear. It was really sharp.
  • 11-30-2007
    Evil Chocula
    I vote Raw...
  • 11-30-2007
    chucko58
    California scrub brush camo. ;)
  • 11-30-2007
    Kyle509
    that would be my vote
    Quote:

that would look very nice, total class :thumbsup:
  • 12-01-2007
    rarroyo
    Brown
  • 12-01-2007
    csbueno
    Anodized dark blue,... and please make an smaller evo frame!
  • 12-01-2007
    geolover
    Candy apple red, candy apple blue and keep the orange and black.

I also like the idea of polished rears. :thumbsup:
  • 12-02-2007
    GhisalloWheels
    Candy apple blue? Is that what's left in the fridge after the apple has been there a few months? Do you want if fuzzy too????
  • 12-02-2007
    geolover
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chumbacabra
    Candy apple blue? Is that what's left in the fridge after the apple has been there a few months? Do you want if fuzzy too????

Candy Apple Blue:

Attachment 315648

Candy coloring means to apply a transluscent paint color over a metallic.
  • 12-02-2007
    BMJ
    Nice color!
    Cool color...Odd looking item!
  • 12-02-2007
    geolover
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chumbacabra

FWIW, here's Candy Apple Red....

Attachment 315693
  • 12-02-2007
    GhisalloWheels
    mY point exactly, I have seen a red candied apple. I have never seen a blue candied apple. But it is a really cool color.
  • 12-02-2007
    snowdrifter
    RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW

Raw Wins, Stop stalling !!
  • 12-02-2007
    duke777
    Red, White and Blue.....or american flag paint job would be cool!

Or....chinese flag over candy apple red would be trick too!
  • 12-05-2007
    Warp
    White. All White.
  • 12-05-2007
    walrasian
    I might be in the minority on this one, but I love baby blue bikes. With a white theme(bar/wheels/saddle) they look awesome. But from the number of different colors people are suggesting I would guess that a consensus is impossible and you guys should probably pick your favorite colors and run with it. From the one offs that you guys have posted on this forum, it seems you have a a pretty good color sense and will come up with cool looking bikes.
  • 12-06-2007
    BMJ
    Funny you should say that.
    [QUOTE=walrasian]I might be in the minority on this one, but I love baby blue bikes. With a white theme(bar/wheels/saddle) they look awesome."

My new EVO I'm waiting on is going to be coming in Leguna Seca Blue. I'm going to be outfitting it with white Syncros DS28 rims with red nipples & black spokes, white & black SDG saddle with red lettering, and red chain ring bolts & red King headset. I think it'll look sweet!!! :thumbsup: Azonics makes some white Lock-On grip caps and E13 makes white bash rings now, I'm still on the fence about those (may be overkill).

Still no frame or rims yet though, there both on back order.:madman:
  • 12-30-2007
    Thor821
    XCL in white with a polished rear end.:thumbsup:
  • 12-30-2007
    c-record
    odd item.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by geolover
    FWIW, here's Candy Apple Red....

Attachment 315693

Toilet seat cover?
  • 12-30-2007
    Ricky D
    Quote:

Originally Posted by c-record
    Toilet seat cover?

I'm thinking pinewood derby car body.
  • 12-30-2007
    uncle-bad-touch
    American built EVO, ano deep blue, ano black, ano deep green, ano silver and raw. Keep the rear polished! The horse-shoe freakin rocks and it's good luck...
  • 12-30-2007
    muddydc
    What is that? A bed pan?
  • 12-31-2007
    happy_ending
    Quote:

ditto on the rootbeer...

also ano orange, green, red and blue. make that ano or metallic flake. if yer gonna go big make it count!
  • 01-01-2008
    uncle-bad-touch
    yea a custom painted bed pan. you just can't crap in anything...
  • 01-04-2008
    Thor821
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    Hello,

Just wanted to take an informal poll on what colors you guys would like to see, on which one of our frames. Thanks in advance..

A.

So, are you guy's going to offer more color choices for the XCL's and bring back the polished rear end?
  • 01-11-2008
    wankel
    I'm really loving the "Mercury Silver" color that Banshee is using on the new Pyre:

https://bp3.blogger.com/_bz1KS00TJMQ...h/DSC_0635.JPG
  • 01-11-2008
    monty797
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wankel
    I'm really loving the "Mercury Silver" color that Banshee is using on the new Pyre:

https://bp3.blogger.com/_bz1KS00TJMQ...h/DSC_0635.JPG

I agree Wankel, that is sooooo sexah
  • 01-13-2008
    Motomatt
    I would like to see polished ball burnish and anodized blue.
  • 01-19-2008
    Zillah
    flat olive green
  • 01-19-2008
    Thor821
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zillah
    flat olive green

With a polished rear triangle would be soooo cool.:thumbsup:
  • 01-19-2008
    GhisalloWheels
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor821
    With a polished rear triangle would be soooo cool.:thumbsup:

Count that as two to dig the flat olive with polished rear.
  • 01-20-2008
    DirtDad
    I like raw but...
    ...it corrodes when you sweat all over it over time. It needs constant metal polishing, sometimes in places where you cannot reach. Raw with clearcoat or raw with clear ano fixes that. Intense's current "works" finish, with is some kind of controlled surface oxidization looks cool, too, and does not corrode.
  • 01-20-2008
    tonycan
    I've got to agree with the 2 and and add my 1 vote to the flat or semi gloss olive green. My original EVO is in that color and everyone who sees it wants one.