fork for a SyCip hardtail- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

fork for a SyCip hardtail

Any of you SyCip hardtail frame owners running a fork greater than recommended 80mm of travel?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I suppose your frame is build for a 80mm travel fork, when mounting a longer travel fork you'll slacken the headtube, which will result in a more sluggish handling bike.
    Your headtube (and thus your handlebar) will be higher and you have to slide your saddle forward on your seatpost, which will give you a shorter effective toptube .......

If you can live with all this, give it a try!

Feb 2004

reba fork

I think a rockshox reba fork at 85mm won't really slacken the frame too much.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by psOption3
    I think a rockshox reba fork at 85mm won't really slacken the frame too much.
    No problem at all.

In FTF We Trust
    I had a Diesel SS that was built around a 80mm fork and I rode it with a 80 mm Psylo for a while, but later switched the travel to 100mm and like the way the bike handled a lot more. I wound up selling the frame and fork together because the wheels were too small (I got hooked on 29ers) but it was a sweet handling bike with the 100mm fork. The rule of thumb is that for every 1" you add to the fork length you steepen the angles by 1 degree.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

I like butter
    Jan 2004
    have Jeremy build you a Segmented specifically for your frame

Feb 2004

Guacoloco-color SyCip

Anybody have any pics of the Guacoloco-colored SyCip? Is that color the same as the Pistachio color Soulcraft?

Members who have read this thread: 0