fork for a SyCip hardtail

Printable View

• 01-17-2008
    psOption3
    fork for a SyCip hardtail
    Any of you SyCip hardtail frame owners running a fork greater than recommended 80mm of travel?
  • 01-18-2008
    Hubert
    I suppose your frame is build for a 80mm travel fork, when mounting a longer travel fork you'll slacken the headtube, which will result in a more sluggish handling bike.
    Your headtube (and thus your handlebar) will be higher and you have to slide your saddle forward on your seatpost, which will give you a shorter effective toptube .......

If you can live with all this, give it a try!
  • 01-18-2008
    psOption3
    reba fork
    I think a rockshox reba fork at 85mm won't really slacken the frame too much.
  • 01-18-2008
    Hubert
    Quote:

Originally Posted by psOption3
    I think a rockshox reba fork at 85mm won't really slacken the frame too much.

No problem at all.
  • 01-20-2008
    el-cid
    I had a Diesel SS that was built around a 80mm fork and I rode it with a 80 mm Psylo for a while, but later switched the travel to 100mm and like the way the bike handled a lot more. I wound up selling the frame and fork together because the wheels were too small (I got hooked on 29ers) but it was a sweet handling bike with the 100mm fork. The rule of thumb is that for every 1" you add to the fork length you steepen the angles by 1 degree.
  • 01-22-2008
    timbercomp
    have Jeremy build you a Segmented specifically for your frame
  • 01-25-2008
    psOption3
    Guacoloco-color SyCip
    Anybody have any pics of the Guacoloco-colored SyCip? Is that color the same as the Pistachio color Soulcraft?