Fork Choices- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fork Choices

mtbr member

Fork Choices

So one last questions. I am looking at two forks, the Pike Dual Air or a Float R, I'm looking for something that mixes good strength and weight. I've never ridden a Pike, but have ridden the heck out of a Float.

What do you guys think?

Oh yeah it would probably help if I told ya it was going on a XCL

mtbr member
    Pike. The stiffness of the 20mm thru-axle matches the stiffness of the frame. Throw in there travel adjustability and you've got a bombproof fork. Rockshox has blown way past fox on the adjustability of their forks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I have the Pike dual air also. If youre worried about weight you can save about
    .7 lb. by going with the Fox Talas RLC. When I talked to Glenn at bbc, where I got
    the bike he steered me toward the Pike, saying it was a better fork.
    I think it was a good choice, the thru axle makes a difference even though I dont
    jump, I think it helps me stay in control better on technical downhills, it just seems
    to have that extra little bit of stiffness and steering precision that can make a
    difference between staying on the bike and not staying on the bike.
    The microadjust is cool even though its difficult to use on the fly, but I find I rarely
    to use it on the fly anyway. The Fox has 3 preset settings. Hope this helps

mtbr member
    The info really does help, i'm leaning towards the Pike as I've read its a better fork. I'm not too worried about weight, I dont want to go overboard on heavier parts but as long as I can keep my rotational weight down low, .7lbs is not going to make a difference. That's one less burger in a week!

Members who have read this thread: 0