Forbidden Bike Co Druid - Page 11- Mtbr.com
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 2,001 to 2,072 of 2072
    mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Just found out my frame which was supposed to arrive this week is delayed at port until probably December. The curse of 2020. Wahhh.

Off the back...
    In a reply to an Instagram comment about the availability of the Pagan, Forbidden said it will be available "after the holidays". No x-mas presents for the wife this year, need to save up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    No x-mas presents for the wife this year, need to save up.
    Big risk = big reward

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jpec29 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of Ohlin's selling a ttx22 210x60mm? I've never heard of this size. There is a ebay ad selling one for a ridiculous to good to be true price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohlins-TTX-...8AAOSwFIVex4K4
    I bought an Ohlins TTX22m from this guy this spring.

He said he was shipping from California, but it actually came from Taiwan.

The code on the shock indicated that it was from some Specialized bike, but he claimed that it had been rebuilt to 210x55 and valved M/M. This did check out, at least size wise.

The TTX22m shock is amazing on the Druid- however the M/M tune is too heavy and I am running it at 0 clicks LSR (which is fine) and 0 clicks LSC which seems a bit too heavy for this bike. I'll probably have it retuned when I have it serviced.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by northerngnar View Post
    I bought an Ohlins TTX22m from this guy this spring.

He said he was shipping from California, but it actually came from Taiwan.

The code on the shock indicated that it was from some Specialized bike, but he claimed that it had been rebuilt to 210x55 and valved M/M. This did check out, at least size wise.

The TTX22m shock is amazing on the Druid- however the M/M tune is too heavy and I am running it at 0 clicks LSR (which is fine) and 0 clicks LSC which seems a bit too heavy for this bike. I'll probably have it retuned when I have it serviced.
    Don't tell me you've never heard of the city of California in Taiwan!? It's amazing there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerross View Post
    What length are you running the mezzer. I'm putting my mezzer from my wreck on my druid but it currently set at 160 and 574 a2c so 3mm over forbiddens reccomendation.

Also whats your weight and what settings are you running on your mezzer?
    I too would like to hear about your opinion on the Wreckoning compared to the Druid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredBikes View Post
    I too would like to hear about your opinion on the Wreckoning compared to the Druid.
    I was running a Wreckoning last season and part of this season along side my Druid.

They are completely different bikes. ( I would compare the Druid to the Offering and Following) (which I also owned, and replaced with the Druid)
    The only thing the Druid and Wreckoning have in common is maybe some of the playfulness.

If your looking for a Big bike that is playful and fun to ride. The Wreckoning is an awesome option. (I did replace the Wreckoning with a spesh enduro though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeti 5.5 Turq,Evil The Following MB, Chromag Primer, Evil The Offering

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I'm glad you're not the only one that views the Druid as different than a big bike. It's really a trail and all mountain bike. It can handle hearty terrain sure, but it just doesn't feel the same as long travel, slack monsters.

Also, this bike is not designed as such. It is a capable trail bike, that is a bit of a chameleon.

I haven't rode the new Wreck, but agree this bike is more in the vein of an Offering or Ripmo with capability with a 150 or 160 fork.

mtbr member
    Yeah it seems like a lot of people get the druid as an enduro bike but its designed around 140/150mm forks, with only 130 in the rear. its not nearly as slack as a lot of the bikes out these days either so im not sure why.
    How did your wreckoning compare to the enduro? i loved mine but it was always just a bit too short.

I had been looking at a druid as a trail bike, to complement something bigger like a slayer, titan, or one.2, but i ended up going with a banshee prime as i couldn稚 justify the additional 1300 bucks for the druid frame. maybe next year.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDadSucks View Post
    Yeah it seems like a lot of people get the druid as an enduro bike but its designed around 140/150mm forks, with only 130 in the rear. its not nearly as slack as a lot of the bikes out these days either so im not sure why.
    How did your wreckoning compare to the enduro? i loved mine but it was always just a bit too short.

I had been looking at a druid as a trail bike, to complement something bigger like a slayer, titan, or one.2, but i ended up going with a banshee prime as i couldn稚 justify the additional 1300 bucks for the druid frame. maybe next year.
    I was between sizes on my Wreckoning, so in this case I sized up, and regretted it.
    The bike was fun, but a bit to big to throw around like I wanted to do with it.

That said, I went conservative on my enduro, and it fits well. It is smoother in the rough stuff than the wreck, but not as poppy and playful.
    But I knew that!

It is amazingly fast through the high speed gnar

mtbr member
    Have a Druid XT I got last July. The shifter just crapped out on me yesterday. Apparently there are mechanical issues with XT/XTR shifter with a small return spring breaking and shifting will just stop to varying degrees during a ride. Some riders reported being on their third replacement already. Just a heads up in case any of you have this issue pop up.

I知 contacting Shimano on Monday to see what the fix is. I知 certainly not riding without a solution vs a simple replacement. Likely they have a fix by now, but we値l see.

Check out the forum: Shimano XTR M9100 shifters keep breaking--no downshift intermittently

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energ8t View Post
    Have a Druid XT I got last July. The shifter just crapped out on me yesterday. Apparently there are mechanical issues with XT/XTR shifter with a small return spring breaking and shifting will just stop to varying degrees during a ride. Some riders reported being on their third replacement already. Just a heads up in case any of you have this issue pop up.

I知 contacting Shimano on Monday to see what the fix is. I知 certainly not riding without a solution vs a simple replacement. Likely they have a fix by now, but we値l see.

Check out the forum: Shimano XTR M9100 shifters keep breaking--no downshift intermittently

The fix for just about anything Shimano is to replace. They don't make their shifters serviceable.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2017 Kona Private Jake

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngspnr View Post
    The fix for just about anything Shimano is to replace. They don't make their shifters serviceable.
    Yes, exactly. That was apparent after opening up and inspecting; its def not serviceable. I was implying a sufficient fix on their side that痴 not simply a replacement shifter with the same exact faulty spring. Otherwise I知 just taking my chances on every ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hey guy, I figured I would offer up my shock on here before posting it. I have a pretty much BRAND EXT Storia LOK V3 with only 5 ride on it. I used it on my 2020 Druid. Hands down the best coil shock....I think everyone already knows this. If you're interested, send me a pm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Energ8t View Post
    Yes, exactly. That was apparent after opening up and inspecting; its def not serviceable. I was implying a sufficient fix on their side that痴 not simply a replacement shifter with the same exact faulty spring. Otherwise I知 just taking my chances on every ride.

Good to know, mine is the same vintage, still working for now. I wonder if SLX and Deore have the same problem.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmag76 View Post
    I was running a Wreckoning last season and part of this season along side my Druid.

They are completely different bikes. ( I would compare the Druid to the Offering and Following) (which I also owned, and replaced with the Druid)
    The only thing the Druid and Wreckoning have in common is maybe some of the playfulness.

If your looking for a Big bike that is playful and fun to ride. The Wreckoning is an awesome option. (I did replace the Wreckoning with a spesh enduro though)

man....sounds like you and I were shopping at the same shop, haha. I've owned a Following MB, Offering, and Wreck V1. I also own a new Enduro.

Of the lot, the Offering was the shortest lived (I keep a 2 bike quiver). The Wreck v1 is surprisingly close from a geo standpoint to the Druid. The added reach and chainstay length actually give the XL Druid 30mm more wheelbase in an XL. I'd actually say the two bikes are very similar...they actually have pretty similar leverage ratios. The one one caveat: Chainstay length on the Druid is longer on both the L and the XL (Which I ride). With the rearward axle movement, the CS length grows as the shock compresses. Manualing my Druid in technical/quick reaction situations can be a chore. My opinion is that there isn't a ton of separation between the Druid and Wreck v1. The 2020 Enduro is a DH bike in disguise, nothing playful about that bike in comparison.

I'd say that the Druid's rear punches well above it's weight. So much so, I've entertained the idea of short stroking the shock to knock it down to 120ish travel. it would eat the Offering's 140mm of travel for lunch, and feels on par with the Wreck in the rough...it just never hangs up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmrmusic26 View Post
    Hey guy, I figured I would offer up my shock on here before posting it. I have a pretty much BRAND EXT Storia LOK V3 with only 5 ride on it. I used it on my 2020 Druid. Hands down the best coil shock....I think everyone already knows this. If you're interested, send me a pm.
    What size?

mtbr member
    Just finished building my Druid... bought the frame "lightly used" off Pinkbike, and have been sourcing parts as I can find them for the last month. I'm anxious to get this thing on the trails tomorrow afternoon (I live outside Boulder, CO).

One thing I may end up changing is the rear shock spring weight, I went with 450# because I was right between that and 400# (I weigh ~170 lbs), and they didn't have the lighter weight spring in stock when I ordered. I guess I'll find out how it rides tomorrow!

Forbidden Bike Co Druid-forbiddendruid-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Just finished building my Druid... bought the frame "lightly used" off Pinkbike, and have been sourcing parts as I can find them for the last month. I'm anxious to get this thing on the trails tomorrow afternoon (I live outside Boulder, CO).

One thing I may end up changing is the rear shock spring weight, I went with 450# because I was right between that and 400# (I weigh ~170 lbs), and they didn't have the lighter weight spring in stock when I ordered. I guess I'll find out how it rides tomorrow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForbiddenDruid-1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	1376737
    Please give review on CC coil interested in getting one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dirt don't hurt, right?
    Oct 2020
    26T chainring on Druid?

Hey guys,
    Does anyone have experience with 26T chainrings on the Forbidden Druid?

I just changed my chainring from 30T to 26T (living in the Alps with steep roads uphill, PCL and ACL reconstruction in my right knee) and now i have a creaking sound when there is power on the pedal.

The WolfTooth 26T steel chainring I mounted was on my Patrol before running 11x Sram without problems.

Either the chainring does not go well with my X01 Eagle 12x or its the Druid missing chain wrap on the smaller chainring.

Any opinions on that?

Cheers, Andy

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Any rumors of a updated Druid? Really interested in this bike but reading through here and seeing people being told to sand the paint on their frames gives me bad feels :\

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedalx View Post
    Any rumors of a updated Druid? Really interested in this bike but reading through here and seeing people being told to sand the paint on their frames gives me bad feels :\
    I had to do that, and I think current and future bikes won't have to, according to Forbidden. I think this is an advantage of a smaller company--based on feedback, they can change/improve their methods faster than a bigger company, if they are willing to (and they seem to be). In this case, they improved their masking process so the paint is less likely to intrude on the bearing area. Also, they sent me modified dust caps that would also fix the problem.

If that is your only worry, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the bike--it's really fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    So i bought a new druid a few weeks ago, i had the creaking issues they send me some new washer/spacer that fixed the issues. they no longer have the shoulder that sits on the painted surface. Mine was resolved even without the new washers with some heavy grease on that "shoulder" portion which im sure with time would come back. They had the washers to me in about 3 days after giving them in the info they needed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbar View Post
    Good to know, mine is the same vintage, still working for now. I wonder if SLX and Deore have the same problem.
    Haven't heard any reported issues with SLX, not sure about Deore either. Most XT/XTR reported. I might just replace with an SLX temporarily since it's cheap and possibly not affected. Mums the word from Shimano on this one so far.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thats good to know^

Im doing a 24 hour demo of a large druid right now.

Bike is pretty impressive. Swapped over to my bar/grips/saddle for some rides tomorrow.

Also threw the DSD runt off my bike into the 150 lyrik on it. Excited to get deeper into it tomorrow...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbike8 View Post
    What size?
    210x55, tuned for the druid. Weight 175. Spring 375/400

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Please give review on CC coil interested in getting one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    been running the druid with a CC IL Coil for 5 months, putting a coil on is probably the best thing you can do for the bike. have loads more grip, climbs exactly the same, and you're able to use more of the travel. I'm 170lbs, ride aggressively, tried 450lbs spring was too stiff, switched to 425 and its money

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by justinbieber#1fan View Post
    been running the druid with a CC IL Coil for 5 months, putting a coil on is probably the best thing you can do for the bike. have loads more grip, climbs exactly the same, and you're able to use more of the travel. I'm 170lbs, ride aggressively, tried 450lbs spring was too stiff, switched to 425 and its money
    I知 185 out of the shower. 450 spring on my 11-6. Wish I could try a 425 for free. I may just buy one.
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey all, so I demo'd a large and ran 15mm of spacers under the stem with a 35mm riser bar .

The medium is prolly too small stack wise right?

I'm a little under 5'10 so right on the border...

Is it true the ziggy is like "going down half a size"?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    I知 185 out of the shower. 450 spring on my 11-6. Wish I could try a 425 for free. I may just buy one.
    Maybe look into a sprindex. Not 100% if it will fit the 11.6
    But that would definitely be the way to go.

I was lucky enough to try out a few springs on my Druid. They were all good, but When you get the right spring rate, the rear end is unbelievably good!
    Go have a look at least.

One of my storia痴 spring rates are a bit off. So I think I知 gonna go that way.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017

I can let you try a little used Push 425 with 55mm stroke for $30 US and if you like it and want to run with it you can keep it for another $30.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
    I can let you try a little used Push 425 with 55mm stroke for $30 US and if you like it and want to run with it you can keep it for another $30.
    Thanks. Please pardon my ignorance but is the stroke of my current spring also 55mm? If so, will sending the spring to Canada be a pain in the ass?
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Thanks. Please pardon my ignorance but is the stroke of my current spring also 55mm? If so, will sending the spring to Canada be a pain in the ass?
    You're fine, your shock is 55mm because the Druid runs 210x55mm. The 210 is the eye to eye. Push also makes 65mm springs.
    I will PM you, Canada prices gone up in a decade from the big 3, just comparison shopped prices to AB.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Hey Lou from Forbidden here. On a very limited number of recently manufactured frames, we have discovered that there has been excess paint on the rear triangle around the back of the bearing bores. This excess paint can sometimes contact the spacer flange in the linkage and in-turn create a creaking sound and sub-optimal suspension performance. We have since addressed our manufacturing process to prevent this from happening in the future and for affected frames that are already in the wild, we have developed new flangeless spacers that will completely alleviate the issue.

I hope this helps the decision making for you!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Louella View Post
    Hey Lou from Forbidden here. On a very limited number of recently manufactured frames, we have discovered that there has been excess paint on the rear triangle around the back of the bearing bores. This excess paint can sometimes contact the spacer flange in the linkage and in-turn create a creaking sound and sub-optimal suspension performance. We have since addressed our manufacturing process to prevent this from happening in the future and for affected frames that are already in the wild, we have developed new flangeless spacers that will completely alleviate the issue.

I hope this helps the decision making for you!
    How do we get the new spacers if I have the creaking?

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Your biggest worry should be finding one in stock anywhere haha it's an agonizing wait.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
    How do we get the new spacers if I have the creaking?
    Hi Alan please email us [email protected] so we can either sort you out or direct you where to go!
    Last edited by Louella; 1 Week Ago at 01:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Hi Alan please email us [email protected] so we can either sort you out or direct you where to go!
    Sorry that's [email protected]

mtbr member
    Looks like maybe lewis buchanan posted his new longer travel forbidden on instagram? looks fairly similar, but definitely shorter head tube length, maybe steeper seat angle and i would imagine slacker head angle but hard to tell from the photo. Just speculation but it痴 the black one i think.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0eGP0J...d=vn0ik36xq6mn

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sorry that's [email protected]
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey all, I'm considering a Druid for my next bike, as always I have a few questions. I'm coming off a Commencal Meta AM 29er, I think something in a the 130-140mm travel range would better suit my riding. Ideally I want to use most of the parts from Meta to build a new bike. This would include my Lyrik. On an XL frame how long of a steerer tube do folks usually have, the Meta has a shorter head tube and I want to be sure my fork will fit. Is anybody running 11 speed drivetrains with a 42 tooth cassette, you could run a standard length chain I'm assuming. Lastly, has anyone had experience using a Super Deluxe air shock?

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDadSucks View Post
    Looks like maybe lewis buchanan posted his new longer travel forbidden on instagram? looks fairly similar, but definitely shorter head tube length, maybe steeper seat angle and i would imagine slacker head angle but hard to tell from the photo. Just speculation but it痴 the black one i think.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0eGP0J...d=vn0ik36xq6mn
    Yup, that's the one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS650L View Post
    Hey all, I'm considering a Druid for my next bike, as always I have a few questions. I'm coming off a Commencal Meta AM 29er, I think something in a the 130-140mm travel range would better suit my riding. Ideally I want to use most of the parts from Meta to build a new bike. This would include my Lyrik. On an XL frame how long of a steerer tube do folks usually have, the Meta has a shorter head tube and I want to be sure my fork will fit. Is anybody running 11 speed drivetrains with a 42 tooth cassette, you could run a standard length chain I'm assuming. Lastly, has anyone had experience using a Super Deluxe air shock?
    The headtube measurements are on their site. I would just compare it to your Meta size. They have taller head tubes depending on the size. I used the 38 off of my SB150 it was barely long enough.

You would be close with an XL and 11 speed drivetrain. I have a large with Eagle and i am running 2 links extra could probably get away with a long 126 link chain.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
    You're fine, your shock is 55mm because the Druid runs 210x55mm. The 210 is the eye to eye. Push also makes 65mm springs.
    I will PM you, Canada prices gone up in a decade from the big 3, just comparison shopped prices to AB.
    All - I just want to do a quick shout out to this gentleman. More to follow but it suffices to say at this point that his good nature and really good intentions will soon, hopefully, benefit me significantly, in my never ending pursuit of mtb perfection.

Thank you Sir, and to all my fellow Druid riders - don稚 ever lose sight of how truly fortunate we all are.
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Looking at one of these for a new bike, did the prices for full builds just go up $600-750? Or am I losing my mind.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by splitlit View Post
    Looking at one of these for a new bike, did the prices for full builds just go up $600-750? Or am I losing my mind.
    nah you're correct lol. I know the price of the frames increased from 3099 to 3250 as well.
    2018 Santa Cruz Bronson
    2018 YT Jeffsy
    2018 Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    2020 Santa Cruz Hightower v2
    2021 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrumroy View Post
    nah you're correct lol. I know the price of the frames increased from 3099 to 3250 as well.
    Really glad I snuck in my order before the price increase.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Did any of the components change? I don't see much, if any difference on the XT build.

Off the back...
    Did any of the components change? I don't see much, if any difference on the XT build.
    There is probably no change to the parts spec. The unfortunate reality is that almost all bike manufacturers will be raising their prices for 2021 models if they haven't done so already. I know Specialized and Trek are bumping wholesale pricing by up to 10% for new bikes, mostly because their costs have increased. #thankscovid

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Confirmed - no changes. These are their 2021 models.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    hopefully well be seeing more of the pagan soon, can't wait to see the geo and possibly even buy it

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just wanna say after taking apart my new druid frame to ride wrap it and install the ziggy im really appreciative of the technical docs on their website. Great stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Kinda dumb question. Whats the correct way to add links to a new chain? Never added links only removed them. Two quick links?

mtbr member
    Oct 2020

Druid for sale

Hey guys, I知 selling my Druid frame and thought i should put it out to the forum.

its a fully ride wrapped xl mr. brownstone. Ive ridden it for about 3 months with no major crashes. There are no scratches or chips except for a few small scratches that came on the frame from shop (they are right next to the axle). I知 sad to see it go, but i need more travel for the trails that i ride.
    I知 asking 2900 for the frame and dpx2. I am also offering a custom tuned bomber cr and push 325 spring for 300 (the bomber is tuned for someone weighing in the 130-140lbs range)

you can email me @ [email protected] or text me @ 3605311870.

high pivot witchcraft
    Kinda dumb question. Whats the correct way to add links to a new chain? Never added links only removed them. Two quick links?
    I bought 2 full chains and spaced the quick links evenly apart. Probably overkill but whatever.
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenforlife View Post
    Hey guys, I知 selling my Druid frame and thought i should put it out to the forum.

its a fully ride wrapped xl mr. brownstone. Ive ridden it for about 3 months with no major crashes. There are no scratches or chips except for a few small scratches that came on the frame from shop (they are right next to the axle). I知 sad to see it go, but i need more travel for the trails that i ride.
    I知 asking 2900 for the frame and dpx2. I am also offering a custom tuned bomber cr and push 325 spring for 300 (the bomber is tuned for someone weighing in the 130-140lbs range)

Heresy.

You shalt be sacrificed in orthodox Druid tradition.
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Of course the sacrifices.

high pivot witchcraft
    Of course the sacrifices.
    Also, I think you may have to change your user name. Hopefully there are no tats. Lol!
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Also, I think you may have to change your user name. Hopefully there are no tats. Lol!
    Maybe, i still am planning on getting the pagan when it comes out.

high pivot witchcraft
    Maybe, i still am planning on getting the pagan when it comes out.
    Okay. We can put the sacrifice on hold temporarily

On a different note, just to make sure there are no typos, the frame is an XL and the shock is custom tuned to 130-140 pounds? That may be a bit of a rare combo. Nonetheless, I will keep my eyes open for any takers in my neck of the woods and will let you know if I find anyone.
    2021 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1
    2020 Kona Unit

2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Okay. We can put the sacrifice on hold temporarily

On a different note, just to make sure there are no typos, the frame is an XL and the shock is custom tuned to 130-140 pounds? That may be a bit of a rare combo. Nonetheless, I will keep my eyes open for any takers in my neck of the woods and will let you know if I find anyone.
    Thanks, I知 61 and weigh 140, thus the weird combo.

honestly I知 trying to sell the shock so if anyone wants a light tuned coil for they池e Druid, i have one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

You in the PNW? With a 360 # i'm guessing so.
    Curious what you're riding here that doesn't like the druid.
    I've been waiting for the longer travel version as well, but debated an XL druid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    You in the PNW? With a 360 # i'm guessing so.
    Curious what you're riding here that doesn't like the druid.
    I've been waiting for the longer travel version as well, but debated an XL druid.
    Trying to set Kom痴 at dry hill and the zoo trails. It doesn稚 feel under shocked just a Bit under forked. Essentially double black diamond kom hunting and racing.

mtbr member
    Hahaha!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Anybody have a ziggy link that they池e willing to part with? If so, please PM me

mtbr member
    Dec 2020
    I'm hoping to get a bit of ride info on the druid that has been evading me. I've read or watched every review more than once, been through this forum and others. All in all am pretty sold on the Druid for my next bike. It's that or a SC Hightower.

I currently ride a 2018 Commencal Meta TR 27.5". I want to retain as much of it's playful nature as possible. This bike has been amazing for 70% of my riding, but I'm hoping for something that can take on bigger hits and chunkier terrain a little smoother. From what I can tell Druid will handle that end of the spectrum very well, I'm just not confident it will be a fun riding on some of the smoother rolling terrain in the area. I like to hop over logs and rocks on flat ground and throw the back end around in tight rocky corners.

From what I gather the SC Hightower is a Goldilocks bike that is going to retain most of the play of my current bike but help me feel a little more comfortable opening things up on our very rocky local descents.
    Is the Druid a Goldilocks bike that falls in the middle with the Hightower or is it the unicorn some claim it to be allowing to feel Evil Calling playful on slow mellow trails and borderline racer confident on chunky descents?

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    So my Druid which was supposed to arrive first week of November is not even expected to show up til mid December now. Gotta say guys, I am losing it a bit. At this point I think I may just hold off and see when that new long travel bike shows up. Staring at the pile of parts for the bike that has been in my garage is sure getting old. Somebody hold me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CHWK View Post
    So my Druid which was supposed to arrive first week of November is not even expected to show up til mid December now. Gotta say guys, I am losing it a bit. At this point I think I may just hold off and see when that new long travel bike shows up. Staring at the pile of parts for the bike that has been in my garage is sure getting old. Somebody hold me.

Dude I can't even ride my bike because it's impossible to find Shimano 4 piston brake pads for my bike. Supply line's dry as desert

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Dude I can't even ride my bike because it's impossible to find Shimano 4 piston brake pads for my bike. Supply line's dry as desert
    I stocked up on extra pads + tires mid summer when I got the chance. My problem now is I have no frame to put them on haha bike has apparently been sitting at the port awaiting clearance. Bout ready to go do a heist just to get the thing.

mtbr member

Forbidden Bike Co Druid

Thanks for the heads up, I just got an extra set of pads from the local bike shop: www.projectbikebend.com
    You could call and see if they値l ship.

Druid XT BR-M8120 (N04C) metallic

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    See you wouldn稚 have this problem if you ran the Hayes dominions.

mtbr member
    Have you checked TruckerCo on eBay? That's where I get all mine, and they've always had stock available.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011