fetish cycle ss frame-your thoughts?- Mtbr.com
    Trail eater

fetish cycle ss frame-your thoughts?

has anyone here own/tried fetsih cycles fixation ss frame. cant find any reviews on them and would love to hear what you have to say about them. I have posted in the ss thread also.
    thanks
    Climb like a goat, descend like a banshee

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by electric mustard
    has anyone here own/tried fetsih cycles fixation ss frame. cant find any reviews on them and would love to hear what you have to say about them. I have posted in the ss thread also.
    thanks
    i own a Soul Cycles Hardline, which is a virtually identical frame made by one of the founders of Fetish who quit and started his own company (Soul).... it rides nice, if very harshly (large diameter AL, mine is built up fully rigid and i ride with lots of PSI) and it has so far been quite reliable. I snapped the matching fork (i don't know if the Fetishes come with forks)... i was riding hard and i had bent/cracked it and then the instant i hit a small pavement edge on the way home it snapped at the steerer tube. the welds look to have been done for durability, without consideration for looking nice.... the head tube intersection gusset looks a bit sloppy too, but i'm sure its very solid. all this is assuming that the Fixation is as identical to the Hardline as it appears to be. a good bike, although it may not be worth the price fetish is asking (the hardlines were 200 bucks with fork before they discontinued them). I would take a look at the 2006 Souls before getting it though (they aren't up yet though..)

Trail eater

thanks for advice

I appreciate your wisdom with your frame. I have already ordered a frame from their ebay store. Your right about the headtube welding, it looks real strong but the welding could have done by a six-year old (no disrespect to six year olds). Numerous guys on the SS forum claim that these frames are pretty burly and should be able to handle the abuse given out by a 210 pound guy with plenty of torque in his legs.
    I plan to make this my sunday project bike. I will build it up with front suspension- fetish claims the frame is designed around a 100mm fork but I plan to push the boundries with this and see how it rides. Im gonna need lots of help with my build, parts etc etc so it should be a real blast. I basically have all winter since its pretty awful to ride around here in philly when the place is covered in mud and ice.

Aug 2004
    I appreciate your wisdom with your frame.
    heh... wisdom...

enjoy the new bike

Meh.
    Hooked my bud up with one the Fetish Cycles Inizio road frame. Very cool. Looks solid. Pretty light, lighter than advertised weight. Welds are pretty neat. He likes it a lot so far.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Recommend the Fixation

I been riding a Fixation for a year. It is my full rigid / bad weather bike. It is a 17 inch frame, weighs 23.4 lbs, and a very solid bike. I like the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trail eater

sweeeeet ride ttvrdik

I havent visited this thread for a while and I noticed there's a pic of sweet fixation. My frame hasn't arrived yet They said it would be shipped in about a week and its still not here.
    I plan on running it with a suspension fork. The rigid looks great and sleek. What kind of drivetrain are you using? I need info/specs to help me build up my SS.

Aug 2004
    I havent visited this thread for a while and I noticed there's a pic of sweet fixation. My frame hasn't arrived yet They said it would be shipped in about a week and its still not here.
    I plan on running it with a suspension fork. The rigid looks great and sleek. What kind of drivetrain are you using? I need info/specs to help me build up my SS.
    my Hardline (same thing) has a 34t and a 32t in the front and a 16t and a 18t in the back. that way, i can switch between 34:16 and 32:18 when the going gets rough.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The Drivetrain:
    Deore crank with the 32t stock steel ring
    xt bottom bracket
    xt hubs that I laced to Sun UFO rims (cheap but good/light rims)
    Spacers from a old cassette and 17t Chris King Al cog.
    The rest of the bike are cheap titec components and a Surly Instigator fork.

The Dean in the background is my race single speed. I've had the Dean since 1999. Converted it to a single speed last year with a Eric's Eccentric ENO hub, because I was riding my converted Bridgestone single speed more than my geared Dean.

Members who have read this thread: 0