Extra Extra Small XCL Prototype Spyshot!- Mtbr.com
    Made in China
    Jan 2006

Extra Extra Small XCL Prototype Spyshot!

Hi everyone

I saw the XXS XCL prototype and snapped a few pictures. This is built for the shorter female riders out there and this particular one is designed for a 5 ft tall lady, I won't say who but she is lucky enough to be riding it. I know a few shorter female riders and there aren't any capable FS frames that would fit them, if I were them I'd be beating down Chumba's doors for one of these frames.

It's dressed up with all new XTR group, DT wheel set with bladed spokes and weights in at about 25lbs. The machine works and welds are work of art and look strong enough for me even. It does look like smaller tubes are used on this frame since smaller riders aren't as heavy.

I even have a picture of it next to my M/L EVO just to show the size difference. And yes it has ridiculous amount of stand over clearance.

I was told it has 4.5 inches of travel and no definite date or if it will make it to production.

Again all you shorter lady riders out there should be beating down Chumba's door to make them produce these bad a....I mean cute frames.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duke777; 03-22-2007 at 10:54 PM.
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

nerfherder
    The proportions make it look like a 29er. Hmmm...

mtbr member
    go adrienne, you rock!
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    The proportions make it look like a 29er. Hmmm...
    they should just make the frame bigger and put 29 inch wheels on it!
    Last edited by duke777; 03-22-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

nerfherder
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Great minds do think alike!

Time is not a road.
    Does frame travel remain the same on that size?

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    Yes, it suppose to have 4.5 inches of travel like the XCL, but the new XCL should have at least 5 inches of travel.

Aug 2006
    my girl is 5'2" and just placed fourth in her very first race after little training and less than 6 months on a bike. she's looking to upgrade to a fs from her 14" GF cheapo. a bunch of ladies were on Titus in TN and here in FL, she was going to check them out tuesday but now i can send her this info. I'd love to get her on a Chumba (besides mine) and see her on the podium. You have those race jersey's ready????

Members who have read this thread: 0