EVO and a Totem- Mtbr.com

Thread: EVO and a Totem

mtbr member

EVO and a Totem

I really liked the way the Lyric handled on the XCL, and I believe it made the HA around 67 degrees when at 160mm. If I put the Lyric on the EVO, the HA will be 68.5 degrees at 160mm. I would love a U-Turn Coil configuration for this fork, like my Lyric only with the travel of the Totem. Travel adjustable forks are a neccessity for the trails around here..combo of steep uphills and downhills. Has anyone put one of these on their EVO?

Totem DH 2-Step
    http://www.sram.com/node/163/brand/rockshox/src/fam
    135-180mm of travel with DH specific compression tuning

Totem Standard 2-Step
    http://www.sram.com/node/159/brand/rockshox/src/fam
    135-180mm of travel with standard compression tuning

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i had the fox van 36rc2 on my evo,then went to the totem which i thought rode much beter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brabant
    i had the fox van 36rc2 on my evo,then went to the totem which i thought rode much beter.
    Great! Which one did you get?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i had the totem 180mm coil with the flood-gate which can lock them out.the evo rode realy well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Evo with a Marzocchi 66 Light RC2

I am running a 2006 66 Light RC2 which is a 170mm fork. It is great for downhill/freeride riding but forget about climbing anything other than a slight grade. A 66 with ETA would be ideal but I was not able to find one. The fork I am running is also heavy at 6.8lbs but it is so plush and stable. I had a 2008 Fox 36 Talas RC2 at 160mm travel and 5.1lbs before the 66. I like the weight and travel adjust but felt it needed a little more travel. I also found the Fox Talas not to be very plush. To get the fork to feel plush resulted in pretty bad brake dive on the steeps which was unnerving at times. Here is my current setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Looks cool 67Degrees. I thought that the Totem would be a great set-up with the EVO. I really like the adjustable travel option so I'll have to keep an eye out for that particular model. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Totem on an Evo

Thanks, I'd love to have a Totem too but couldn't find a good deal on one at the time I bought the 66. I'm happy with the 66 though. Marzocchi coil/oil forks are incredibly plush, easy to rebuild and practically indestructible.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    hey mark... heard you rode with my dad last week... how was it? XD

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ride with your Dad

Hey Poh!

It was short but fun. My butt was dragging going uphill forever and then your Dad got called into work so it cut our ride short but that is just the way it goes sometimes. David is a great guy and thinks the world of you! Hopefully we can get together and ride again soon. I'd like to ride more of those trails. I had no idea there was so much on the backside of that hill. How have you been doing? Have you made it up to Northstar yet this summer?

Mark

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees
    Hey Poh!

It was short but fun. My butt was dragging going uphill forever and then your Dad got called into work so it cut our ride short but that is just the way it goes sometimes. David is a great guy and thinks the world of you! Hopefully we can get together and ride again soon. I'd like to ride more of those trails. I had no idea there was so much on the backside of that hill. How have you been doing? Have you made it up to Northstar yet this summer?

Mark
    Yea, he's a really cool guy. Treats me like one of his kids... XD For sure dude... We gotta ride sometime soon. The backside is a lot of fun with some of the gnar on the downs and the long ass climb. And with the Nike site to mess around with, your Evo is perfect... Doing alright... just busy as hell with school and work. Have not made it up to Northstar yet this summer... Kinda sad... Havent had my Tahoe fix at all. I'm playing a Concerto on the 25th of next month so i'm whipping my butt into shape and making sure i dont get hurt... hahaha... I have been going out for some of the shuttle days though. Was out there last Sunday with Atomic_Adam and some other guys then went with Jose and Julio and those guys and bbqed til 7:30pm... XD

You riding this weekend?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Riding this weekend?

Of course, that is part of what weekends are for, right? I'm not sure where or when but I will be riding for sure. How about you?

As for Downieville and Northstar, I have not been to either this summer yet and I really want to go. Ideally, spending the night but not opposed to a day trip. Northstar is open till 7pm on Fridays so I have been considering hitting it Friday of next week. I'll be working midnight to 8am so when 8am rolls around my weekend begins. Know of anyone that might want to go?

Members who have read this thread: 0