EVO questions- Mtbr.com

Thread: EVO questions

mtbr member

EVO questions

Hello I am interisted in the med/large EVO. I was looking at there web site and did not find info on the seat tube length any body know what it is? Also any taller riders or long legged riders riding one would I have to run a really long seatpost? I normally run a 20" seat tube and a 24" top tube there site says 23.5" top tube I could not find any info on seat tube Thanks for any help.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi

Compulsive Bike Builder

Measurements

Quote Originally Posted by paramountz
    Hello I am interisted in the med/large EVO...seat tube length any body know what it is? Also any taller riders or long legged riders riding one would I have to run a really long seatpost? I normally run a 20" seat tube and a 24" top tube there site says 23.5" top tube I could not find any info on seat tube Thanks for any help.
    The one we have in stock measures 18.5" from the center of the bb to the top of the seat tube. Be careful when measuring a frame by seat tube size. It is ok when comparing different sizes of the same frame, but not when comparing different models. The slope of the top tube, BB height, the style of the top of the seat tube, etc. can change the seat tube length by an inch or two without changing the fit of the frame.

How tall are you - height/inseam? If you run a long seatpost on an M/L EVO you may move the saddle too far behind the bottom bracket due to the slack seat tube. For really tall riders, the S/M may actually set up more to your liking. I recommend throwing your leg over both sizes for fit.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member

6'2"

Im 6'2" my inseam about 35" I like to ride a bike that I can pedal around meaning seatpost up for proper leg extension. Sorry I do not follow you on how the small/med will set up better. Also ther are no dealers in AZ to try one out.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi

Compulsive Bike Builder

Small med set up

Im 6'2" my inseam about 35" I like to ride a bike that I can pedal around meaning seatpost up for proper leg extension. Sorry I do not follow you on how the small/med will set up better. Also ther are no dealers in AZ to try one out.
    Check out the seatpost angle. If you have a really long seatpost extension (like you will want with a 35" inseam), the seat will be way back and you will get a longer top tube - maybe more than you want. Start with a S/M and do the same thing, and you may get the fit you want.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member

seat tube..

Hello I am interisted in the med/large EVO. I was looking at there web site and did not find info on the seat tube length any body know what it is? Also any taller riders or long legged riders riding one would I have to run a really long seatpost? I normally run a 20" seat tube and a 24" top tube there site says 23.5" top tube I could not find any info on seat tube Thanks for any help.
    The seat tube measurement is 19.5 inches on the med/large.

A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Time is not a road.
    I got some questions....

Does anyone run anything besides the stock DHX air? Mid travel wallow anyone?

What size seatpost does it use?

How does the suspension design to shocks that don't have a lot of compression damping (like Marzocchi's new shocks)?

Anyone wanna buy a Moment frame? Barely used, lovingly cared for...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I got some questions....

Does anyone run anything besides the stock DHX air? Mid travel wallow anyone?

What size seatpost does it use?

How does the suspension design to shocks that don't have a lot of compression damping (like Marzocchi's new shocks)?

Anyone wanna buy a Moment frame? Barely used, lovingly cared for...
    We've run Fox and Cane Creek coil shocks on the EVO. Seatpost: 31.6. Pedal bob is minimal on the EVO, but a platform shock is always helpful.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    We've run Fox and Cane Creek coil shocks on the EVO. Seatpost: 31.6. Pedal bob is minimal on the EVO, but a platform shock is always helpful.
    DHX air seems to be the way on both the XCL and EVO...any reasoning behind that?

I went from a DHX coil to an RP23 and found the change to be excellent compared to how I ride. What size does the EVO require? I think I'd like to have an RP on the EVO too; keeps weight down and simplicity up.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    DHX air seems to be the way on both the XCL and EVO...any reasoning behind that?

I went from a DHX coil to an RP23 and found the change to be excellent compared to how I ride. What size does the EVO require? I think I'd like to have an RP on the EVO too; keeps weight down and simplicity up.
    The EVO requires a 7.8 * 2. We've found the DHX to have excellent adjustability and a plusher ride. The RP23 is good too, but for the type of aggressive riding that CHUMBAs are used for, the DHX seems to be a good fit.

Members who have read this thread: 0