EVO as a mini DH bike?- Mtbr.com
    PSI
    I want that one

New question here. EVO as a mini DH bike?

.... or at least as a mini FR bike

im looking for a frame for my 66 SL and heavy wheelset, is anyone running their EVO with a 170 or bigger fork and fr wheels/tires? and how would you compare it with my other candidates, sx trial and reign x?

mtbr member
    Yes for sure it will work as a mini FR bike, and alot lighter than the other bikes mentioned! I am building mine up as an aggressive all-mountain bike. Build below.

Chumba Evo Med
    Marzocchi Z1 Light 150mm
    Fox DHX coil
    Big Earl cranks w/ Truvativ BB (HOLZ)
    Atomlab Aircorp pedals
    SRAM XO shifters
    SRAM XO rear Deraileur
    Shimano XT front Deraileur
    RaceFace Evolve Bars
    ODI Rogue grips
    Juicy 5 185mm brakes
    SDG ibeam seatpost and seat

Weight: 32lbs

-R
    -R

Oakland
    2010 Titus El Guapo
    2011 Corsair Crown

http://www.titusti.com/2010/
    http://www.corsairbikes.com/

Compulsive Bike Builder

Totally

Quote Originally Posted by PSI
    .... or at least as a mini FR bike

im looking for a frame for my 66 SL and heavy wheelset, is anyone running their EVO with a 170 or bigger fork and fr wheels/tires? and how would you compare it with my other candidates, sx trial and reign x?
    I have not set up an AM geometry EVO with a 170+ fork, but we did set up and ride a few of the more slack geometry versions of the bike and 160 mm. It is right at home being raked out a little. The super gusseted front end handles the big forks with no problem, they track great.

The front end may be hard to keep down on steeper climbs, but it will help a lot if your 'zoke has ETA. And if you really mean DH, then that won't matter anyway.

I would recommend 10 mm bolt on rear hub or a 10 mm QR style that uses on their wheels. Some riders report a little flex in the back. We never encountered any, and we had standard a standard QR rear wheel.

No comparison with those other big brand bikes. Ted's computer modeling, experience, and focus really show on the Evo. Plus the Evo looks way more aggro.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

Members who have read this thread: 0