Evo fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: Evo fork

Jul 2007

Evo fork

Hi all chumba comunity,

My fork Fox Talas 32R failed and I'm trying to repair it. I live in Chile so it's not a simple thing to do so.
    I've been looking for some offers in the web so please tell me what you think of the following forks Marzocchi All mountain 2 and the ETA device.
    All fork suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

nerfherder
    I don't have any experience on that Zoke All Mountain 2 so I can't comment. I will say that a TALAS 32 seems short for an EVO. But only a little. I vote Rock Shox Lyrik, Fox 36, or Zoke 55.

mtbr member
    it kind of depends on what type of riding you do the most, but i think generally, 160mm adjustable travel forks seem to be the hot ticket for an evo.

rock shox lyrik uturn
    magura wotan
    fox 36 talas
    marz 55

mtbr member
    I went to a 2008 Fox 36 TALAS from a 2006 Marzocchi All Mountain 1 with ETA on my EVO.

The ETA on the Marzocchi allows you to drop the fork, but the compression gets really ramped up and it's not that great for climbing rough stuff. It's almost like it's locked out.

I prefer the TALAS system, as that allows you to drop down in incrementals (160-130-100) so you don't need to slam it all the way down (like on ETA). I find myself using 130 on long extended climbs. Plus, when it's dropped, compression feels normal, so climbing through rough stuff is not as much of a battle.

If you can spare the change for a 36 TALAS, you won't regret it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'd agree that the 32 Talas isn't really enough fork for the Evo, both in the length and in the lack of a thru axle (the thru axle really does give a more rigid and stable feel. I'd also agree that the 36 Talas is about ideal: the combination of adjustable travel, 160mm at full travel, and the rigidity that comes with bigger stanchions and the thru axle will let you exploit the beefiness of the frame to its full potential. I don't jump much, but the Evo/36 combination really shines when traveling at speed over rocks, roots, ruts, etc. Just eats it up, and the adjustable travel makes a big difference when going up steep stuff.

I haven't tried the Lyric or the 55, but both are quite new and may have some bugs to work through. A good friend has a Lyric on his Evo and loves the performance, but he's also got leaking oil on one side, which is less lovable. The 36 has been around long enough to work most of the problems out.

yarrrp
    May 2007
    the pike is goooood. here's me on my evo with a pike.
    https://s255.photobucket.com:80/albu...rent=drops.flv

Jul 2007

Revelation for EVO?

I don't do big jumps so I'm thinking in the rockshox Revelation 426 who has the normal axle. What do you think?

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by andesbiker
    I don't do big jumps so I'm thinking in the rockshox Revelation 426 who has the normal axle. What do you think?
    Seems like the Evo is more bike than you may need. You're either over biked or under forked in my estimation. But if you liked the feel of your Evo with the 32 you'll probably be ok with a Rev. If you like it then go for it.

That said, I'd recommend a Pike, minimum, on that frame.

Members who have read this thread: 0