EVO first ride impressions...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

EVO first ride impressions...

OK. so she is all together. Took the EVO out for a spin on some mild trails and some fire roads... I know its not a true test.
    But compared to everything else I have ever ridden(defined as not much outside of what my search for a new ride was(575, heckler, intense, Rush...) I could not believe how plush. I still want to adjust my z1 light fork and maybe some more fine tuning on the dhx air, but was very happy with my initial set up. I know I want to change out my stem to an80mm and once thats done I should really have it how I want. I like the 2x9 I am running but have switched from grip shifters to x-9 triggers and its harder than I imagined getting used to. I love the XO in the back and the xtr front... smooth like butter

It rode to me like a heavy yeti 575 but in a good way. I just dont have the technical knowhow to explain anything besides my laymans book of knowledge. It felt right, it feels high quality, and most important...feels durable. I was happy how well it could pick up speed even with the big tires. I have yet to try it on any real inclines. The cockpit felt nice, I was in a great riding position right off the bat... but the WTB is new for me as well, and may swap that out.
    I felt better balace for my style and heck one thing I really noticed, is how well I could turn it...around corners and in tight space... felt pretty nimble for a bike like this.

I hope to get a good ride on some familiar trails with more roots rocks and streams this weekend.
    So far so good.
    I am about 235 in Summer form, and thought I should get a coilover... I didnt, but for simplicity sake, I may. I have to look into that further. I seek my LBS for advise there.

I took off the E thirteen chain guide, just dont think Ill need it. Maybe trade that for some xo grip shifts...

Now if I could get that weight down, shes heavy getting on the rack...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by onabike; 06-11-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0