Evo chainstay length- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Evo chainstay length

Hi guys, I am a potential Evo owner and am uncertain of its chainstay length? I asked Chumba a while back and got a prompt response (thanks Chumba!), they stated the stays were 17.25" long; however, at the same time their website listed the stays at 16.75"?
    I was wondering if any Evo owners out there could please do me a favour and measure their chainstay length?
    I wonder if the different lengths were caused by geometry changes a year or so back?
    Thanks in advance

BMJ
    "55 lbs and climbing!"

17"

Quote Originally Posted by gregcan
    Hi guys, I am a potential Evo owner and am uncertain of its chainstay length? I asked Chumba a while back and got a prompt response (thanks Chumba!), they stated the stays were 17.25" long; however, at the same time their website listed the stays at 16.75"?
    I was wondering if any Evo owners out there could please do me a favour and measure their chainstay length?
    I wonder if the different lengths were caused by geometry changes a year or so back?
    Thanks in advance
    Mine measures exactly 17" center to center.

Alan did have me try a different prototype rear triangle that lengthened the chainstay to the 17.25" range. They may have decided to implement that change recently. You may want to get back to them and see if that is the case.

As far as the prototype rear triangle on my bike. I'm currently using a hybrid of the old chainstay with the new seatstay. Using the whole new rear triangle dropped the BB height by an inch over stock. I felt this was affecting my HTA too much and liked the short wheel base as well so mixed the parts to split the difference.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for that BMJ, it sounds like a good one off combination.
    Does anyone reading have a stock rear triangle current model that I could convince to measure their chainstay length?
    Thanks again

mtbr member
    2008 Evo medium here, measured 16.75" for chainstay end to end, about 16.0" center to center; so mine reflects the spec on their site.

Hope this helps.

Spin-stabilized
    Chumba folks: How's that new linkage that lowers the BB height coming along?
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

Members who have read this thread: 0