EVO 32 Vanilla Prelim Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

EVO 32 Vanilla Prelim Report

So we received our first batch of Fox 32 Vanillas this week. The size of the EVO was a medium/large. I installed it on one of our demo bikes and have took it on two rides since. The first ride was at Powder Canyon - a lot of fireroad style climbing on double track - so I wasn't really able to get a good feel for the performance capabilities of the fork and its suitability for the EVO. Today, I went to Del Cerro in Palos Verdes. There was a lot of singletrack, not the rocky, steep, rutted type, but more or less rolling dirt-packed trails. What I noticed immediately was that with the shorter A/C height compared to a 36, the slightly steeper head angle made climbing easier. The Vanilla does not have a travel adjustment feature, so it was great to be able to climb so easily. Descending, the 32 Vanilla, at 5.5 inches of travel seemed stiff, plush, tracked well, and inspired bike-handling confidence. Although it wouldn't exactly keep up with a Z1 or 36 on a descent, it seemed to be plenty for the trail I was on, and the gains in weight and climbing seemed to be a decent trade off. Overall, my initial impression is that it appears to be a nice set up for all mountain style riding.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 07-31-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Sounds promising.

Any thought to trying out a Pike U-Turn on the EVO? It would be a small weight penalty compared to the Van32, but the added stiffness of the 20mm through axle would make up for it IMO. Plus you could still dial it down for the climbs if needed.
    MCM# 2007.1

Aug 2004

looks sweet, i would like to try..

mtbr member
    This bike is now available for demo'ing at Bike Co. in Lake Forest. Give them a call at 877 224-5326.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    I've got a chumba ordered, and a 426 pike waiting to go on her when she gets here. I'll post some pics and a ride report.

Members who have read this thread: 0