E-Type and crank compatibility- Mtbr.com
    it's....

E-Type and crank compatibility

I'm planning on using Truvativ Stylo 2.2 AM cranks which have 24/36/bashring.
    Will there be any problem using non-standard chainrings on the cranks with E-type XT front derailleur required by XCL?

Jul 2007
    it depends on the chainrings you buy. I have a race face bash ring/ crankset and I found many chainrings would force the chain against either the bashring or the side of the other chainring I eventually sorted it out but i ended up replacing a lot of parts sort of a well im this far thing.... my advice is buy from a lbs that understands your needs and are willing to let you check it out to make sure it works to your expectations or at least let you return it because your never gonna know until you bolt them on. I hope this helped...

it's....
    I already have the crankset.
    My question is regarding the E-Type front derailleur working with 36 tooth middle ring.
    Since E-type is fixed in one position, and normal middle ring is 32 teeth, will it work with 36 teeth in the same position?

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer
    I already have the crankset.
    My question is regarding the E-Type front derailleur working with 36 tooth middle ring.
    Since E-type is fixed in one position, and normal middle ring is 32 teeth, will it work with 36 teeth in the same position?
    I have the same crankset/chainring combo on my XCL and have not experienced any problems so far.
    Extreme stationary biker.

it's....
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    I have the same crankset/chainring combo on my XCL and have not experienced any problems so far.
    That's a relief, thank you.

Compulsive Bike Builder

e type height adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer
    I'm planning on using Truvativ Stylo 2.2 AM cranks which have 24/36/bashring.
    Will there be any problem using non-standard chainrings on the cranks with E-type XT front derailleur required by XCL?
    E Type derailleurs can be mounted in one of two heights by inverting that washer thingy that attaches the derailleur to the plate. Kinda.

Anyway, I have always used the lower setting, which puts the cage closer to 22/32/44T rings without touching them. I have always presumed the higher setting was for bigger rings, like 26/36/48 or 24/34/46. In your case, even though you are not using a big ring, you mught find you get better shifting between your two rings if you put the cage in the higher setting, just because the bends in the plates might be positioned better for shifting.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

it's....
    Just got the derailleur delivered, and I see what you mean by inverting the washer on the back of the mounting plate.
    Looks like it will move it up about 1/4".

Apr 2007
    Your combo should work fine . If you have any questions you can call the shop or contact me on here. My cell number is 714-348-6859.

J

Members who have read this thread: 0