Does Dean ever answer their phones?- Mtbr.com
    Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005

Does Dean ever answer their phones?

Do they ever answer their phones or reply to e-mail? Does anyone know how to actually get ahold of them? I really don't feeling like driving to factory to find out they aren't there..

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by EBG 18T
    Do they ever answer their phones or reply to e-mail? Does anyone know how to actually get ahold of them? I really don't feeling like driving to factory to find out they aren't there..

Any ideas?
    If you're looking to order a frame from them, PM me. I can have it done in 6 weeks. If you ordered a frame and wondering where it is... good luck!

lucky enough

yep sometimes

They answer my calls maybe half the time. I think they keep pretty busy. They answer almost all my emails. So they aren't the best at keeping in contact. I think they are most always at the shop though so I don't hesitate to drive there.

mtbr member
    Maybe try calling earlier. When I got a frame from them, they told me that they liked to arrive early and leave early; maybe they work from 7AM to 4PM. This was a few years ago, and I'm sort of guessing on the times. You might try calling at 8 or 9AM. Definitely not late afternoon.

R32

Feb 2006
    Sure they do. I called a couple weeks ago...needed a der. hanger. One of the builders answered the phone. It was around 9a their time. Totally took care of the order (even though it wasn't really his thing to do) and I got my lil' box as needed on Saturday. Props and a huge thanks!

As far as frame delivery: Ordered it in Feb '05 (through a local shop), had it two months later. Rides sweet.

A Real Winner.
    No. They don't answer their phone. You are one of a lucky few if they did actually answer their phone. They don't return calls, and it is a big hassel to get them to return e-mails. They make sweet bikes though!
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

R32

Feb 2006
    They were prompt to answer, took care of what I needed.

I think at times part of the issue is being patient, thorough in any requests (whether by phone or email) and realistic. It wasn't too long ago there was another small builder getting blasted on these forums. All companies get overwhelmed from time to time. So many of them are just getting by, doing it for the love of the sport. It is a tough business, especially for the small guys and the IBDs too.

Agreed, the bike is a very SWEET ride.

Sep 2005
    Best bet is to go through a dealer. A good dealer will handle the details and communicate with Dean bikes if there is a hold up.

They answer the phone most of the times that I have called (a few times a week when it's busy). If they don't answer the call I leave a message and write an email. One or the other is answered the same day or the next.

bob
    mtbr member
    In my experience they answered the phone 3/4's of the time. They did not return any emails or phone messages until I sent an email canceling my order. They followed up with a phone call and an email within hours. But the frame was worth the wait and aggravation. I'm glad they called/emailed me back when I was less than nice.

Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Best bet is to go through a dealer. A good dealer will handle the details and communicate with Dean bikes if there is a hold up.

They answer the phone most of the times that I have called (a few times a week when it's busy). If they don't answer the call I leave a message and write an email. One or the other is answered the same day or the next.

and its safe to say your a dealer?

Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trail nazi
    and its safe to say your a dealer?
    Bingo!

the "largest" Dean dealer in the country.

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    i got everything solved. Looks like i will be doing a Ti custom frame from Strong instead (3rd bike from him). But i am going to wait till nov-jan to place the order.

Sep 2005
    ...i had a simular experience of "lack of communication" with DEAN and I to have a custom Carl Strong on order [DEAN order canceled]...all-be-it my first one.

Carl answers his phone. Cliff

Members who have read this thread: 0