DeSalvo bicycles..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

DeSalvo bicycles..

anyone own one can post some pictures? hows the support and any trouble with them?

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia6
    anyone own one can post some pictures? hows the support and any trouble with them?
    Check out the 29er and SS forums for some fine examples. Mike DeSalvo is on my short list. He is so down to earth and I think he teaches or taught at UBI in Ashland, OR. He outsources paint to Spectrum. Good stuff all around. Hard to go wrong. Sorry, no pics and all my info is grapevine.

Cheers!
    Tuff Schist

No Justice = No Peace

Here you go

I love my DeSalvo 29er SS. Just what I asked for, and beautifully made. Mike was easy to work with, and tolerant of my impatience. The bike just works so well, I can't imagine anything I would change. I've played around with different parts, and I now have lighter, flashier wheels, but here's the official photo - for now anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

mtbr member

Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by mafia6
    My wife just had a smallish Ti frame made by Mike. It is a truely awesome ride. The frame was done is a blue ghost flame that has to be seen up close to appreciate. (He took it to I-bike to display).

He was great to work with, and I would highly recomend him to anyone looking for a first rate custom builder that is easy to work with and produces a great product.

I will post some pictures here soon.
    Can't outride Karma

May 2004

Some good DeSalvo pics

As promised above, here are a couple of photos of Mike DeSalvos most excellent work.
    The frame is a Ti custom for my wife, who swore she would never own another hardtail. She wanted a "fast" bike that would carve, but still be vertically compliant. By stroke of good fortune I came across a set of Blue CK's built with Ti spokes (and matching blue nipples) so the wheels make the perfect addition to the package. I finished it off with blue bits to round it out.
    The paint was done by Spectrum Powder works (The owner I think) and it is beyond belief. The pictures don't do it justice, it is by far the coolest flame job I have ever seen and absolutley glows when in the sun or with a light shined on it at night.

It is not a shop Queen, this bike is dirty most of the time (despite my best efforts )

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0