demo'ing rules- Mtbr.com

Thread: demo'ing rules

mtbr member

demo'ing rules

Just a general question: I want to get a new bike and i'm highly considering the evo and want to know about the rules in demo'ing a bike. I've read in other posts here that some guys have had the bike for a couple of weeks! I thought demo'ing was just restricted to taking a bike out in the parking lot?

I'd just like to know the rules and conditions especially in regards to the evo. I'm here in the OC. Info would be much appreciated!

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Yeah, I was one of those guys who had an EVO demo for a couple of weeks. I think it was a special deal that Chumba was doing to get some feedback on their bike and I don't believe that they're doing that anymore. They let me take the bike to Whistler (<----check my avatar ) and the North Shore to demo it and I really, really liked the way it performed out there.

For a normal demo, a bike shop will charge you around $50 for you to use the bike for a day or two anywhere you want on any trails you want, not just in the parking lot. If you want to ride it around in their parking lot, they aren't going to charge you for that. Most shops will credit that $50 towards the purchase of a frame if you decide to buy it from them.

If you live in OC, I know that the Bike Co. in Lake Forest has EVO demos.

Hope this helps.
    MCM# 2007.1

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpot
    Yeah, I was one of those guys who had an EVO demo for a couple of weeks. I think it was a special deal that Chumba was doing to get some feedback on their bike and I don't believe that they're doing that anymore. They let me take the bike to Whistler (<----check my avatar ) and the North Shore to demo it and I really, really liked the way it performed out there.

For a normal demo, a bike shop will charge you around $50 for you to use the bike for a day or two anywhere you want on any trails you want, not just in the parking lot. If you want to ride it around in their parking lot, they aren't going to charge you for that. Most shops will credit that $50 towards the purchase of a frame if you decide to buy it from them.

If you live in OC, I know that the Bike Co. in Lake Forest has EVO demos.

Hope this helps.
    Yup, Bike Co. has EVO demos and they're $50. I believe they credit that back to you if you actually decide to purchase the bike so it's not a bad deal. From what I understand, they also have a couple of different forks that they can put on the thing for you depending upon your preference. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the info!

Members who have read this thread: 0