• 01-02-2006
    20_bandh
    DEAN - whats new for 2006?
    Hi, anyone know if DEAN will be doing anytzhing new for 2006? They are always a bit slack when it comes to updating their website !
  • 01-05-2006
    velocipus
    New for 2006!
    Only a five month wait for your frame!!!
  • 01-05-2006
    OrBikbldr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by velocipus

Yep, Anytime anyone brings up Dean, you can bet someone will be quick to point out the delays. Donkey and a few others had big problems. I had a minor problem which was corrected, but I would deal with them again.

I am not sure that anything new is up, but I know that they will do the Duke and Ace in 29er variations. I am not sure about the Baja. I think you can get them in the Carbon wrapped tubes too. This maybe drops about 1/4 to 1/2 lbs off of the frame weight I think.

They are re-doing their stem.

They have a new modular dropout that is singlespeed and disc compatible.

They have a ti MTB fork that is not on the website that I have ordered.
  • 01-07-2006
    sparst
    Quote:

Originally Posted by velocipus

lol...that's a good one
  • 01-07-2006
    sonyisdope
    Yeah, but they'll tell you it is coming out of the paint shop tomorrow everytime. . .
  • 01-08-2006
    g-t-
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OrBikbldr
    Yep, Anytime anyone brings up Dean, you can bet someone will be quick to point out the delays. Donkey and a few others had big problems. I had a minor problem which was corrected, but I would deal with them again.

I am not sure that anything new is up, but I know that they will do the Duke and Ace in 29er variations. I am not sure about the Baja. I think you can get them in the Carbon wrapped tubes too. This maybe drops about 1/4 to 1/2 lbs off of the frame weight I think.

They are re-doing their stem.

They have a new modular dropout that is singlespeed and disc compatible.

They have a ti MTB fork that is not on the website that I have ordered.

Is the ti mtb fork rigid ? their new site says they have a ace xlite cti new for 2006 but it gives no info.
  • 01-09-2006
    sparst
    i believe the Ace Xlite cti and modular dropouts came out since 05. New things i've seen from their web seems to be a new road frame (Ayre), S&S coupling option, new logo options (and a price hike on their cycling wear..lol.). I think they have a a different-shaped head tube from now on..

also, their new front page shows some pretty sweet welding on their frames!
  • 01-09-2006
    g-t-
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sparst
    i believe the Ace Xlite cti and modular dropouts came out since 05. New things i've seen from their web seems to be a new road frame (Ayre), S&S coupling option, new logo options (and a price hike on their cycling wear..lol.). I think they have a a different-shaped head tube from now on..

also, their new front page shows some pretty sweet welding on their frames!

ahh, I thought it may have been a ti rear end for the ace :(
  • 01-09-2006
    Law
    Quote:

Originally Posted by g-t-
    Is the ti mtb fork rigid ? their new site says they have a ace xlite cti new for 2006 but it gives no info.

Yep it is rigid
  • 01-10-2006
    Crash_FLMB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 20_bandh
    Hi, anyone know if DEAN will be doing anytzhing new for 2006? They are always a bit slack when it comes to updating their website !

When I ordered my custom Ace, John told me they raised the BB from 12.5 to 12.75. I'm not sure if they've changed it on the web or not yet as I haven't looked recently.
  • 01-11-2006
    [email protected]
    1 Attachment(s)
    New Roadie for 2006
    Maybe this should be noted over in that Other forum, but it's kind of exciting.